Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thankfulness today...

I feel like it's high time for another "thankfulness post".

It's far too easy to go about our days, putting way too much focus on what's wrong, rather than being thankful for what's right (or even how what's wrong can help us learn and grow...)

Here are a few things on my heart today...

(in no particular order)

1. I am thankful that my BFF is now also my SISTER-IN-LAW! And not only do I have another niece but I also finally have a nephew!

2. I am thankful for the Farmer's Market. I will be able to get some of the most fresh and amazing produce western Iowa has to offer without having to grow any of it myself. (Sweeeeet Corrrrn... droooool...)

3. Where I live in IA is on the border, at a point where 3 states meet (Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota). We are right on the Missouri River and as of the last few months, we've been experiencing some pretty severe flooding. I am thankful that the flooding, though crazy, has not seemed to have caused as much damage as originally projected and our home is safe and sound.
4. I am thankful for wireless internet, allowing me to compose this blog post from my deck.

5. I am thankful that Trader Joe's is now only a quick 1.5 hr drive from my house as opposed to 4 hrs like it used to be.

6. I am thankful for Scarlet O'Hara peony bushes and the success I had in growing them...

7. I am thankful for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

AND...

8. I am thankful for coffee. Of course.

Thankfully,
Emily

1 comment:

Michele said...

When I was about 12, our family drove to Sioux City for a hockey game. We also drove through all three states while looking for a hotel room!

I am thankful for you.