Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jeweleries Update...


So in case you were all wondering, yes, I am still smithing.

I know you wouldn't know it by visiting my blog.

(But thank you for visiting none the less) :)

Though summer does tend to be a time where my days are spent primarily with the Little Women (yesterday's activity: "Craft Day" Photos to follow) I have been carving out my smithing time as well, both out of the love for what I do, as well as out of necessity.

I alluded to the fact that I had "some exciting things on my silver-smithing horizon" and I think it's high time I fill you in!!!

First off, by what can only be described as a "Divine Connection", I found my way to this quaint little shop while on vacation in Northern Minnesota. After chatting with the shop owner, we quickly discovered we were both etsy-fanatics and thus, of course, fell in love (ok, perhaps that's taking it just a smidge too far...) ANYWHO, I was recently contacted by the good folks at Yellow Umbrella regarding sending a few of my goodies to them for their shop! Though this is new territory for me, I am SO excited about the prospect of getting into consignment!

SECONDLY... remember this post? (scroll down to the "bad news" about half way down)

Well... I applied again and this year, I've been accepted!!!

I'm kind of out-of-my-mind excited, but also a little overwhelmed. At last year's festival I believe there were upwards of 30,000 people in attendance over the 3 day weekend so that means I gots' to start cranking out the goods!

I'm proud of everything I make (if I'm not, I don't finish it) but I'm thrilled to say that I've recently created some of the things I'm most happy with out of my whole smithing career. I'll be posting pics along the way but not necessarily listing everything in my etsy shop (yet).

This summer is probably gonna be fairly crazy but such is the life of a metal-smithing mama!

I love you all so very much and I am so thankful for your continuing support! You have NO idea how much it means to me!!!

Excitedly,
Anxiously,
Putting on another pot of coffee,
Happily,

Emily


3 comments:

susie said...

So excited for you, can't wait to see what you've been creating. Wishing you a wonderful summer and a successful show.

CrashingBison said...

CONGRATULATIONS EM!!! I remember that post and I'm so glad you didn't give up!! Wish I could go to it! ;)
Can't wait to see the new goods, even if it's just a glimpse! :)

Two B's said...

Yippee! SO excited for you!