Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One day at a time...

I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to provide you with any more information than I did the last time I posted.


I wasn’t quite sure what to say.


Unfortunately, disappearing without much explanation was necessary.


I don’t really know if I even know what to say right now, but, I didn’t feel right about just jumping back into posting without saying something first.


Life is such a fragile and crazy thing. So many different things can change your life, either for the good, or otherwise, in a matter of moments.


For my family, (specifically, my dear sweet sister) the change happened in the space between two moments.


One moment her husband was with her here on earth...


The next moment, he made the choice to step over to the other side.


Not sure if I’ll ever get into the details of it all here on the interwebs, but, the long and short of it is this:


If you are going thru something so dark and awful that you see no way out but to end it all, it may seem like the “easy” way out for you, but it is NEVER easy for everyone you leave behind.


Please reach out to someone.


You may feel like “if anyone really cared, they would reach out to me”, but, the fact is, they may have no idea you are suffering. No one is a mind-reader and the only way someone can know how you are feeling is if you tell them.


Life is slowly but surely returning back to normal around here.


As a family, we have dropped most everything and made it our job to surround Allison in a cocoon of safety and protection and love, bringing calm and warmth to her suddenly up-turned world.


There are good days.


And not so good days.


But speaking as someone who still has her sister...


...the good days are REALLY good.


Coveting your prayers,

Emily


9 comments:

Tyson Diddley said...

Well said.

Since I won't be able to make it to either of the Christmas parties this year, we need to do something when I am able to make it home so that I can join in on the cocooning!

susie said...

So sorry for your family and especially your sister. Will keep you all in my thoughts through the holidays.

genie marie said...

Sending well wishes to your sister and your family. xo

reconstructing sarah said...

so, so terribly sorry...

you and your family are in our prayers...sending love your way dear one!

xo.

Kathleen said...

I also have lost my father less than a few weeks ago and know a bit of the pain. I wish your sister and your family the best this Christmas. I will think of her in my thoughts and prayers.

sarah said...

thats so sad. i'm so sorry to hear this..
be strong.
xs

Hollie said...

Having a similar situation happen in our family two years ago, I really know there are no words that truly can bring you comfort. But know, that there are so many good thoughts and prayers circling you and your family.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry for your family. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Janice said...

Oh dear Lord, I'm so sorry for your loss - will be praying.