Monday, October 18, 2010

In with the new, ACHOO, and review...

As per usual, much hustly and bustly goings on 'round here and I know I haven't blogged for a while since my dad has been hassling me about it. Sorry father.

At this very moment I am doing no less than 4 things simultaneously...

1. Blogging
2. Helping Isabel with her spelling homework
3. Holding the page of Lillie's "cat's cradle" book open with my leg so she can use her hands
4. Eating cheese popcorn

As I sit here in my basement (that was supposed to have been a deep burgundy but instead turned out looking more like a pizzeria) I'm thinking of adding "repaint the basement" to the list.

In with the new:

I'm a converse girl. Always have been, always will be. I liked them when it wasn't necessarily an "in" thing to like but I didn't care. I got my first pair when I was a sophomore in HS and wore them constantly. They are the only pair of shoes that I've worn till they were quite literally falling apart but I still couldn't bring myself to throw them away. I've since purchased a few different colors but my original red pair was still in with the regular rotation. For Christmas last year my mom bought me a new red pair to replace the original but for some reason I hadn't been able to bring myself to wear them. I think it was because I knew as soon as I did, they would get a scuff or a smudge or something like that and I wanted to hold off on that as long as possible. After looking over the original pair the other day I decided I was being COMPLETELY ridiculous and busted the new pair out of their box.

I couldn't help but smile every time I looked down at my feet and I realized the old pair would make a GREAT set of painting shoes.
It was truly a happy day.

ACHOO:

So, to the best of my knowledge, the only thing I ever knew I was allergic to was cats. Because of said allergy, I never have had much of an affinity toward the furry, finicky creatures (sorry all you cat lovers out there, I really wish the little guys didn't make me so miserable!)

As I've gotten older (and after having moved out to the east coast and then back to the midwest) it only took me about 8 years of getting what I thought was a really bad cold every spring and fall to realize that "gosh, I suppose I could have allergies".

Turns out I was right.

I went in yesterday for a full allergy test and of the 64 allergens they tested me for, I am allergic to 44 of them.

Just a little worse than I thought.

Allergens including but not limited to: Cats, Dogs, and BOTH types of dust mites. The list goes on and though many of the other things are fairly unpronounceable, they basically translate to various grass/plant/tree pollens and molds.

The plan is to employ as many of the "allergen reducing" suggestions we were given and see how it goes. I am hopeful that we can come to a positive point short of tearing up the carpet.

REVIEW:

I am a multitasker (note to self, pick new paint color for the basement)
I gots me some new chucks.
Allergies suck.
Dad is happy now.

:)

Happily,
Emily







2 comments:

Tyson Diddley said...

You have not worn you new shoes since you got them at Christmas?!...lol

Izyan't that Something? said...

They look GREAT! It makes me want to buy a new pair of kicks ;~) Have Fun!!