Thursday, September 23, 2010

2 decades, 364 days and counting...

Well, here I sit.

9:46 pm on Thursday, September 23rd, 2010.

I feel a little weird.

A little weird that I don't really feel weird.

Here I sit on the very last evening that I will ever be considered a "20 something".

As of late it seems when people find out I'm turning 30, their immediate reaction is to furrow their brow, cock their head to the side, place their hand on my shoulder and ask me:

"SOOO... how do you feel about that???"

The truth is, I feel pretty darn good.

Here I sit. Pondering over 3 decades of life. Some of it is just a blur, but blurry or otherwise, it's been an amazing ride thus far!

-I have been a first child/grandchild and eldest sister since the very beginning of time (the beginning of time for me that is).

-I have been a wife for 1/3 of my life and still more in love with my honey than ever before.

-I have been a mommy for 8 years... which just prompts me to imagine how things will be in another 8 years...

-Save for 2 years living out of state, I have belonged to the same amazing church ever since my parents started attending when I was 4 years old.

-I have been able to drive for nearly 1/2 my life.

-I lived far too much of my life before I ever discovered how delicious latte's are.

-I have been a business owner for nearly 6 years now but as for my passion for jewelry, if you count my single pair of needle nose pliers, several tubes of seed beads, and all the cheap jewelry I used to buy just to tear apart for "mixing and matching", that goes all the way back to elementary school.

So many other things to consider but it would take me eons to type it all out.

Here I sit.

Recalling memories, and making decisions,
for life
and for family
and for business
and for the future.

A little older.
A little wiser (I DO hope).
A LOT happier.
Life is good.

Officially the last photo taken of me in my 20s...


EXTREMELY happily and excitedly looking forward to the next 30 years,
Emily







9 comments:

Tyson Diddley said...

Shouldn't your title be "2 decades, 9 years, 364 days and counting"?

ShayJay said...

I hate to say it, but I think Tyson is right...

And I am sad that you lived so long before discovering the delishiousness of lattes. Sounds like something you need to make up for during the NEXT 30 years! ;)

Happy 30th!

UmberDove said...

Excited as you should be!

It's now officially THE day, so I'll say it: HAPPY DAY TO YOU! Blessings abound, and I hope today your heart feels so full it just might burst!

xox
- U

Nancy*McKay said...

...OH heavens youngin'...the BEST is yet to come...!!!
HAPPY, HAPPY DAY!

Alice Istanbul said...

I agree with Nancy, it just gets better and better.

Happy Birthday!! :)

EmeliaRo said...

Tyson and Shannon: I should have expected as much from the 2 of you. But I suppose you are "technically" right... though today is now officially my birthday and on my birthday I can do whatever I want and whatever I say is right so there. :)

And as for the lattes... I think I've more than made up for it over the couple years ;)

And THANK YOU SO MUCH ladies! We are quite a crew of fabulous women and I am thrilled to be joining the ranks of the "grown-ups who don't necessarily have to feel like they're grown-ups" :D

Tyson Diddley said...

Haha, happy birthday!

MrsLittleJeans said...

Happy belated birthday...I am with Nancy..it keeps getting better! xo

Sunny Rising Leather said...

The very very very happiest of birthdays.
Now get over here!!!!

Lol!

xoxox,
Allison