Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Well hello there!...

... I don't believe we've met before... or at the very least, it's been a while :)

I'm officially back from all my fabulous, fancy-pants vacationing (if staying in a cabin the size of a boxcar with your 3 children, 2 parents, 3 siblings, and 1 niece and NO SHOWER is considered "fancy pants" well, then I was INDEED Queen Fancy-Pants herself).

A good time was had by all and though it was good to get away, it's also good to be home. Home: where a shower, clean sink water, and Starbucks are at the very LEAST within driving distance.

Here are a few shots from our adventure up north. If you asked me if I had a good time, my answer would surely be "Ooo yah. Yoo betcha".

Rub-a-dub-dub


Dad wearing the necklace I made for him, backwards, as to not have a cross-shaped tan line on his chest...
only to reveal the chain shaped tan line on the back of his neck.


Skyline


At the feet of the giant lumberjack himself - Paul Bunyan


"My mom says I'm not supposed to cross the street by myself"


Cousins covered in dirt from building their tee-pee (oh sorry, excuse me.
It's actually a "princess castle"), eating chips and drinking tea.
The only thing that would have made that moment better is if they could have been swimming at the same time.


Heaven on earth


Best s'mores ever (according to brother Chris)...
replace dark chocolate square with milk-chocolate carmel filled ghiradelli square
(I still prefer plain 'ol dark chocolate)


Bedtime bible story


Playin' with sparklers


Saying goodbye to the lake
Once again... it's good to be home.

Happily,
Emily

1 comment:

elliott said...

welcome home em et al!!
we are off to "blue mountain"..In Collingwood Ontario!!
woo hoo..talk soon!!
that smore looks outstanding!!..the sunset is stunning too..children A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
xxoo