Friday, July 23, 2010

Good news/Bad news...

Happy Friday all!

While trying to formulate some sort of sensical post for today, I decided rather than trying to tie everything together, I'd just hit some of the high and low points for ya... (starting off, of course, with physical anomalies)...

BAD NEWS: Somehow, I managed to break a blood vessel in my hand. It hurt quite a bit at first but the pain has since subsided. It is still a puzzlement to me how one can do such a thing to themselves and not even remember how it happened.


GOOD NEWS: For the first time since I was a child, I was able to get a little bit of a TAN! Perhaps this doesn't really sound like a big deal to most of you, but I have always been of the pasty-white persuasion and "tanning" is something I've never been able to do in my adult years (burn, yes. Tan? No.) Even including that do-it-yourself spray tan stuff. After several coats, still nothin'. Covered my hand with it and smacked my sister's stomach to make sure it wasn't a faulty can and within 10 min, she had a perfectly bronzed handprint on her belly. Truthfully, I've come to terms with being so pale, though I must admit it does feel good to have a little bit of color :)


-----

BAD NEWS: My cell phone (otherwise know as "where I keep all the information I need for my life") has been giving me troubles as of late, and rather than waiting for it to explode or fry, dumping everything never to be seen or heard from again (like my last phone did, prompting me to walk around in a fog for at least a week, remembering something that was lost, saying "OH MAAAN!" and repeating that process over and over again) I decided to be proactive and...

GOOD NEWS: ...I splurged a bit and ordered a FANCY new phone... not the one I was intending on getting when I walked into the store, but needless to say, I walked out with a level of giddiness that I can only liken to a child who knows the UPS man will be delivering his/her entire load of Christmas goodies in 10 to 14 business days. (SQUEAL)

-----

BAD NEWS: After several weeks of wondering and being put on an "alternate list", I finally received word that I won't be taking part in the art festival that I had applied for a few months ago. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to fight feelings of "is my stuff just not good enough???" but after talking to my mom (my no question, hands down, bestest, #1 fan of all time) I felt much better. That conversation went a little something like this:

ME: "Well Mama, I finally got word that I won't be doing ArtSplash this year."

MOM: "WHAT?!?? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!? Did they even LOOK at your stuff?!!?? Oh I just can't hardly even believe that."

ME: (smile) "Thanks mom." :)

GOOD NEWS: Perhaps it's for the best that I didn't make the cut this year. So many things going on with family and friends and other exciting undertakings (to be discussed in further detail when further details are available) that I can't imagine the level of stress that I would be under if I had been accepted. Ah well. There's always next year right?

-----

BAD NEWS: Summer is almost over.

GOOD NEWS: Summer is almost over.

-----

BAD NEWS: I want... nay, NEED coffee.

GOOD NEWS: As soon as I finish typing this I'll be loading up the kids, flying out the door, and making the 20 minute drive to the veterinary clinic where my mother in law works so the kiddos can play with some baby chicks, guinea pigs, and other fabulous creatures. On the way, I'll be caffeinating myself fully...

...(children are gathered, front door flings open, garage door rises, car flies down the driveway, squeals into the street, and disappears into the distance...)

Happily,
Emily










5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm with your mother, perhaps they forgot to actually look at your jewelry. You must really have some incredible crafters in your neck of the woods (prairie?) because I am extremely hard-pressed to conceive of how they could possibly not include you. Seriously, your work is so FABULOUS!

the_storie_goes_on said...

you have some of the most beautiful, unique pieces of jewelry i am just sad i have bought one yet.. (note to self buy one... ) and i hope you got your caffine by now.. i love you dearly miss emily

Tyson Diddley said...

What phone did you get?...or do I have to wait for the squeal?

EmeliaRo said...

Droid X. Ships Aug. 3rd. SOOOOO excited!!!!!

Inalee said...

You have the fingers and hands of a surgeon. Have you tried gloves? Love the pics of the my girls. Love to all.