Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chicks holding chicks...

I know I've been posting an awful lot lately about things that really have nothing to do with the making of jewelry, but I'm kind of enjoying it. I am so much more than what my hands create!

Rest assured, I'll never stop making goodies of sterling and stone but, for the summer, other things have been taking priority in my life... you know, like vacations, and parades, and baby chicks...

What?

You say you haven't heard a word about these baby chicks I speak of?

Well silly me...

I think I may have mentioned this before but just in case I haven't, my mother-in-law (aka: "Bubble Grandma") works at a veterinary clinic.

While the vet was away on vacation, the staff took care of his mama hen and her little chick-a-dees, as well as a persnickety guinea pig named boo.

Bubble Grandma invited the little women to the clinic to take a gander at these little creatures.


Lillie took pride in the fact that she was able to
quickly and efficiently calm any chick that was "freaking out"...

Isabel mostly just caused the chicks to "freak out"...

Sophie just wanted to kiss each and
every one of them because after all,
"dey are SO TUTE!"

I was asked by more than one of my children, MORE than a few times, if we could take one of the baby chicks home, to which I replied "ladies, our home has enough chicks as it is."

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

RosyRevolver said...

CUTE.

the_storie_goes_on said...

awe.... soo cute though i would agree your house does have enough chicks in it.. :)

Tyson Diddley said...

"ladies, our home has enough chicks as it is."

LOL