Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Crazy amazing...

You know how one day you wake up and you find out you have family floating around out there you never knew existed? Well, that happened to us a while back.

I think I had alluded here on my blog once quite a while ago that there were some things that were going on in our family and that it was a bit all-consuming at that time. Well, I'm not going to get into the nitty-gritty of it all because frankly, most of it is far too personal, but, I will share this...

Mr. G was adopted as a baby and grew up the only child of two of the most amazing people that have ever held the title of "parents". Through his curiosity about and ultimate searching for the existence of biological relatives, we discovered he has 2 FULL SISTERS and a slew of other relatives that we have been in the process of meeting and getting to know.

Who knew that you could feel such feelings of love and connectedness to people you never even knew existed?

"Family" means so many different things to different people and I am both thrilled and honored that my definition of "family" has recently been edited and expanded.

Though I've managed to find a few, there truly are no words to express how we're feeling...

..."Ecstatic" just barely begins to scratch the surface.

Over this recent Easter weekend we were SO excited that one of Gabe's sisters was able to come and spend a few days with us. Though Gabe had met her already, it was the first introduction for the little women and myself and it was absolutely incredible.

Following are a few photos taken over the Easter weekend...

Coloring Eggs

Siblings

Lesson in Patience

Doing her best

The haul

Easter Dresses

Aunt Abby and the Little Women

Nothing more to say at the moment.

Just smiling

And thinking

And smiling some more :)

Happily,
Emily


7 comments:

Tyson Diddley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyson Diddley said...

So do the strong feelings of love for your the new found family members override the protocol of "Wordless Wednesday"?

elliott said...

good reason to suspend wordless wednesday!!
Lovely news--isn't it cool how your life can expand to take in more? more happiness?! that's awesome!
happy for you all!

EmeliaRo said...

Tyson: I'm not even going to answer that. "Wordless response Wednesday" :)

Elliott: I KNOW! It's been so crazy lately - awesome and overwhelming at times. We've gotta have that coffee chat :)

Kelli Pierce said...

Emily, I am sooooo excited for all of you!!!! As I have read, you seem to be a bit overwhelmed with amazing feelings and I would just like to share that I have such amazing feelings for you as well! Congratulations to you and ALL of you family!

Love ya!
Kelli

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Emily,

That really brings a tear to the eye... what a miracle.

xo,
Allison

the_storie_goes_on said...

im so happy for all of you.. this is incredible.. and im so thankful that its a good experience for you all. it must mean so much to gabe. and you of course.. and as always the little wemon are beautifully amazing.. much love.. me