Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Photographic proof and an invitation...

Yes my friends, I know what you're thinking.

You are quite sure by now that I have been sitting at home, eating bon-bons and watching Judge Judy all day for quite some time now.

Well, I actually have some photographic proof that I have indeed been working on my craft! :)

I have been quite the busy bee working on catching up on custom orders and the following collage includes snippets of a few of them...


WHEW!

Some down, more to go.

I also wanted to let you know that if you happen to be in the Siouxland area (or will be this coming weekend) please consider coming to the Benefit Supper and Silent Auction we're holding for a dear friend of ours, Mr. Adam Way. Adam has BEATEN Leukemia (which if I told you the whole story, you would quickly realize was nothing short of a MIRACLE!) but as you may expect, he has racked up a considerable amount of medical bills. Several local artists (myself included) as well as local businesses have donated art pieces, goods, services, etc, all available for bidding. All proceeds from the dinner as well as the auction will go to the Way family.

Here are the details...

Adam Way Benefit and Silent Auction

Saturday, March 27th 4:00 - 7:00 p.m at the South Sioux City Middle School


If the above boxes of my photo collage were numbered left to right in each row, piece #3 and piece #8, along with 3 other pieces are what I have donated to the cause.

My brother Matt who is a PHENOMENAL large scale religious art painter has donated the following 2 paintings...

"EXODUS 14:14 #1"
(1 ft. x 3 ft.)
"AMPLIFIED ISAIAH 53:5 #1"...
(18 in. x 3 ft. )



Also, another incredibly talented artist friend of ours, Sean Conrad is donating one of his stunning landscape paintings...

"Summer at Lochvale"
(It is a 12x16 Oil on Linen and would sell in a gallery for $950.00 - I believe there's a minimum bid of $200 or $250 for the piece (The painting is in a gold frame in this photo, we ended up deciding on a rustic wood frame which is what it will be sold in). Don't miss your opportunity to support a great cause and purchase a piece of fine art for your home or business. All proceeds go to the benefit).

These are just a couple examples of the awesome stuff you'll be seeing on Saturday!

Ok. Gotta go get the little women from school soon and then try to work on a few more goodies before church tonight!

Happily,
Emily

6 comments:

Michele said...

I want to sit with you and watch Judge Judy while eating bonbons.

Bisquit said...

Thanks for checkin' in. Carly and I were just talking about you. Are your ears burning? I like #4 and number #8. Nice smiffing.

EmeliaRo said...

Michele: how does Monday sound?

Kristin: Yes, they were indeed burning! ;) How is Carly doing??? I haven't heard from her in a while. I hope she is well.

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Oh your new work is astounding and full of soul, as always.
I'll be praying for a good turnout at the fundraiser: is there somewhere inquiring minds can donate online?

xo,
Allison

EmeliaRo said...

Thank you Allison! I'm not positive but I'll DEFINITELY check about online donations and let you know!

the_storie_goes_on said...

im so sad i missed this...