Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just chicken in...er... checkin' in...

Just wanted to stop in and say hey hi and howdy to you all!

As I briefly mentioned in my last post, I have been cleaning my way thru my house, actually designating the month of January as "GET YOUR FRIGGIN LIFE TOGETHER" month. It's been far too cluttered for far too long around here (around my house as well as inside my brain). I decided that, instead of continuing to look around and complain about it, it was high time that I take some steps to change things.

In the midst of all the laundry and dishes and trips to Goodwill, I did manage to find the time to do some sketching, try out my mama's Chicken Noodle Soup recipe for the first time, as well as make a trip or two to our favorite place to go for "treats". :)

The sketches will remain a secret for now but here are some shots of the other goings-on 'round here...

stirring

more stirring

photographing

smelling
(though you can't really tell that from this shot)

singing - of course

tasting

lunching

...aaand, treats
(latte for me - raspberry steamers for them)

And now for a little shop-talk... I am planning for Tuesday, January 26th, to be my first official day back to "work" with sterling and stone. I cannot express how wonderful it is to be my own boss and to have the freedom to shut things down for a while if necessary... and now that he can actually see the floor of our bedroom, I suspect Mr. G is glad as well :)

Hope you had a loverly weekend and here's to a happy Monday as well!

Happily,
Emily


4 comments:

RosyRevolver said...

CUUUUTE kitchen. Love the license plates. And the food looks . . . mmmmmmmmmm . . . I'll be over directly.

susie said...

I love the colors of your world, the mirror behind the stovetop,the avacado and orange and mustards everywhere. Soup looks yummy. Gotta love the singing into the spoon. Take care.

the_storie_goes_on said...

o miss.. you are just so amazing.. your photography gets me everytime.. you seem to capture the best moments..

EmeliaRo said...

THANK you ladies! Sorry, the soup is gone for now but you're all invited over for the next batch... it'll be SOUPer! ... sorry, I couldn't resist :)