Thursday, December 3, 2009

Conversations with a 3 year old... and other post-Thanksgivingy stuff...

Sophie: (wearing her footie pajamas, carrying around a silicon pot holder and a green whistle and singing...) "I'm a Bawbie wurld, is so tastic, I'm a Bawbie wurld, is so tastic..."

Me: "What are you singing?"

Sophie: "Is the Bawbie song."

Me: "How do YOU know the 'Barbie Song' ?"

Sophie: "From Bawbie.com."

Me: "Oh."

Sophie: (continues to sing) "I'm a Bawbie.com, so tastic..."

Well, I don't know about you, but our Thanksgivings (yes, I did mean to pluralize that) were pretty stinking great. We basically had 3 full days of celebrating with various branches or our family tree and I think it's safe to say we're still recuperating :)

Lots of driving
Lots of family
LOTS of food
Lots of fun

I LOVE this time of year, as evidenced by my lack of blogging due to an abundance of celebrating and just the general "taking all of it in". :)

Here are just a few of the shots I got a chance to edit from the Thanksgiving festivities. SOOOO many more left but they'll have to wait.

Party #1: Grandpa Jeff and the 4 granddaughters...

My brother Matt is the only of the 4 of us siblings that lives far away, having just moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma this summer for school. He wasn't going to be able to make it back for Thanksgiving but surprised my parents and came home. I felt it necessary to at least attempt a family photograph since everyone was together under the same roof. Mom's face is half covered and Gabe looks less than thrilled (as I'm sure this was at LEAST take #15 or so) but, all 4 little girls were facing the camera in this shot so I call it a success...

Up and down the gravel roller-coaster-hills on the way to celebration #2 at Bubble Grandparents house...

My loves...
Talk about being thankful...

Me squeezing our cousin Vanessa at celebration #3.
This girl give the BEST rib-crushing bear hugs you've ever had.
I love it.
But I love her more...

Just because Thanksgiving is now behind us, that doesn't mean the celebrating has ceased. I'll actually be hopping in the car tomorrow with an AWESOME friend of mine (an "Uber-Babe" if there ever were one) and driving 7 hours north (assisted by my early Christmas gift from Mr. G... a Garmin GPS. This will be the first substantial road trip I've taken without him and he knows me well. I'm map-illiterate and directionally impaired. I love that man to PIECES!!!!!) in order to take part in the wedding of another dear friend of mine. Pics to come...

And now to start thinking about packing...

Happily,
Emily




1 comment:

the_storie_goes_on said...

awe what wonderful families you have... and of coursse safe journeys to you on your trip miss.. love Anastasia