Thursday, November 12, 2009

Some better glimpses and a proper introduction...

Ok, so the other day I said I'd show off this little guy during my "Wordless Wednesday" post but being Veteran's Day, I thought another post far more important.

So today, without further adieu... I give you...

"The cutest little guy to ever rummage through my trash"...


This little fellow has been fabricated in his entirety by my very own 2 hands. Nothing pre-made here (except for the clasp and the adorable carved wooden walnuts). Every curve is hand-sawed, and every layer soldered by moi. Every bead was hand-wrapped, every loop was soldered shut, and every hair on his bushy little tail was stamped individually.

He is the second installment in my "Creature" series coming after this little gal.

He's SOOO cute nibbling on a little something clutched between his teeny little mitts (most likely a little hunk of stale candy corn) and he'll be scampering over to my etsy shop along with these guys as soon as I'm finished typing this post...


In keeping with the "creature" theme I seem to be going with lately: The Ribbit Ring...


When Mr. G. saw this one he said "Oh wow, it looks like the stone is sliding off the ring!"
I think he's right. :)

"OJ in the morning" necklace featuring an ocean jasper cab in the most delicious shade of pea- soupy green. Mmm...

"OJ in the morning" necklace with a lovely little mustard yellow guy...

"Go ahead, "Make a Spectacle of Yourself!"...

Off to start-a-postin'!!!

Happily,
Emily

14 comments:

RosyRevolver said...

That frog told me he wants to hop this way. And the squirrel wants to scamper along with him.

You should listen to the animals, Em. They are wise beyond words.

Amazing work. I love it all! Why do ya gotta go and get me all inspired and worked up right before bed???

: )

EmeliaRo said...

Mwaaa-ah-ah... again with the sinister laughter... :)

Marina H said...

ooooooh I'm so excited, I just bought my first piece from you! *bounches in chair* I can't wait to see it!

I also can't wait to see all your other showstopping pieces.

Happy weekend to you and your family!

~Marina

Michele said...

I'm trying to be a good girl and be thankful for all of the things that I have and not buy any more jewelry for myself.

Why, oh why, did you have to make that frog?

maybe he's the wrong size. That would save me.

EmeliaRo said...

Well what size would you need my dear??? :)

EmeliaRo said...

And Marina, thank you SO MUCH!!!

Meredith said...

oh my gosh, i love the rectangular ring where the stone looks like it is sliding! is that taken by anyone???

EmeliaRo said...

Not yet :)

susie said...

Yowza - Totally in love with the creatures, so full of personality and dimension. I'm off to get a better look at all the goodies. Totally inspiring.

Michaela Dawn said...

These are all so original and fun!

I can see your personality shine through in every piece!

Thats an artists stamp of "Impressive"!

Love and Light,
M

susie said...

Looks like Marina grabbed the glasses, I had my eye on those, so "sexy librarian"- everything is so unique, so well executed! Enjoy your weekend.

Meredith said...

ohhhhhh... would you be willing to part with the ring????? e-mail me if you get a chance! meredith919@verizon.net

Michele said...

What size was the ring you made for me? 7 1/2 I think?


What am I doing???

Vita said...

Good golly!
It looks like Noah's ark has landed in your shop Emily!! ;)
What AWESOMENESS!!

I think I have my eyes on some of the other jewels in your previous photo collage...convo me know if you are willing to show them off a wee bit more! ;)