Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mish Mash...

With the hubby out of town visiting family and kiddos with the "Bubble Grandparents", I plopped down on my couch to make a blog post.

However, I was unsure what I wanted to blog about so I thought I'd just share whatever comes to mind as well as some photos recently taken.

Prepare for some randomness (and thus, welcome to my hubby's world)...

In no particular order, though numbered for reasons that defy explanation...

1. I actually plopped down on my bed originally in order to create this post... and broke my bed.
What you can't tell from this picture is that now, the top right corner of the mattress sits a good 7 or so inches lower than any of the other 3 corners. Looks like I'll be sleeping on the floor/couch tonight.
(And no Jilly, I did NOT do this on purpose just to be able to get myself a new bed, buuut... as long as I'm looking... check this out!)


2. Mr. and Mrs Nixon have come to live with me.
I am now and forever have been a watch girl. I remember when I was in Elementary school and for my birthday I got that Swatch watch set where got 1 watch face and you could swap out the bands and mix-n-match the colors, even adding those rubber guard thingies over the face of you so chose. MAN I LOVED that watch(es). These are the 2 newest additions. It's been a long time since I've gotten a new one, however, many of the others have seen better days (some not in working condition anymore, and one even having a nasty run-in with a sheet of sandpaper). When my mother bought me the one on the left (via my having found it on ebay) and I could get a smashing good deal on the one on the right, I knew they both had to come home to me. The Mrs. is the strong and silent type but Mr. Nixon just won't shut up.


3. To my surprise I found 3 bearded ladies in my tub the other night.
The cutest bearded ladies I ever did see.


4. I went to this movie last night. Don't judge me.
...in retrospect, it may not have been the best idea to go on opening night as the teenage angst was quite palpable in that crowded movie theatre, and, we had the pleasure if sitting directly in front of a row of foul-mouthed, pre-pubescent, 'too young to have girlfriends', boys, along with their chatty, too much make-up -wearing, 'too young to have boyfriends', girlfriends. After missing things here and there for the first 30 minutes of the movie, I turned around shooting them a glance that quieted them for a few minutes. I had decided if they started up again, I was going to have to say something...
They did...
And I did...
Thus making me "that lady".
I felt a brief pang of horror at the thought of becoming "that lady", but, it paid off as they were quiet for the rest of the show.

5. Gonna go list these goodies at some point before I hit the floor/couch tonight...





And now I think I shall make myself something delicious to eat and watch me some stuff on hulu.

Happily,
Emily




4 comments:

Inalee said...

I think my girls need more bubbles . . . . Someone is missing a tooth!

Desiree Fawn said...

cute pics! love those tubby gals!

(Also, I totally hate that we can't watch Hulu here :( so sad.)

EmeliaRo said...

WHAT?!!? NO HULU?!!?!?????

Desiree Fawn said...

Nope, doesn't work in Oh Canada :)