Saturday, October 10, 2009

A little trip in the "Way Back" machine...

The other night my brother and I were at my parents house and he made the most incredible and amazing find.

Something we thought was lost forever.

Something we never suspected would still be in working condition even if it were ever found.

We were pleasantly surprised on both counts.

Down in the depths of our parents basement, whislt searching for something else, my brother found, (get ready)...

...our ORIGINAL Nintendo game system.

Not Super Nintendo.

Not Nintendo64.

The ORIGINAL folks.

Complete with all our favorite games - Battletoads, Super Mario Brothers 3, and yes, even Duck Hunt with corresponding Duck Hunt gun.
Mom and I gave it a go last night and had a bit of a Mario Brothers 3 marathon. We beat world 1 and then used our warp whistle to skip to world 5. Sadly, we never made it past level 4 of world 5 and ended up giving up somewhere around midnight after having beaten the first few levels of said world, but then having to go back to the beginning of that world over and over each time we exhausted our stockpile of lives.

Mom just texted me and at this very moment, Chris is over at their house... He's in world #7 (7 of 8 mind you) having played every level of every world (NO warping), with 58 lives to spare...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. ;)

Hope you're all staying warm wherever you are! We had our first "snow" of the year last night, if you could even call it that. It was just enough to linger on the grassy areas, long enough for the sun hit it and melt it away. Still a disturbing sight to me considering how early it is in the season for SNOW. Oy vey.

Happily-ish,
Emily

4 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

Ooh, we have one of these stashed away in our basement.. however it turns out our tv is "too new??" and we can't make it work! Gah!

Tyson Diddley said...

Yay! I used to play that at your house.

Emily, you forgot the best game, Spiritual Warfare!

Invite me over to your parent's house. I want to play again ;)

the_storie_goes_on said...

wow.. i used to have one of those.. haha and it was old when i had it back in like preschool..

susie said...

Looks like fun! I can still remember the Christmas we got Atari, and I played Frogger over and over,and over. I'll have to remember that the next time I'm yelling at my kiddo when he's busy playing his games.