Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh me oh my...



So, I'm not sure what I may have gotten myself into, but, if you have been following my blog since at least a bit prior to last Christmas, you may remember that I had signed up to do a show. It was actually my second go at the whole "show" thing and by the end of that day, I had pretty much decided that I wasn't gonna be doing that particular show again. Granted, preparing for it was an excellent experience in and of itself, but overall, it just wasn't what I hoped it would be.

Bad weather
Poor advertisement
Crazy tupperware lady (yes, there is a story)
+ A few other things I don't care to get into at the moment
_________________________________________
= I made my table fee back, but just barely.

Around that same time I had heard an advertisement for a different show that was being put on with quite a bit more support and excitement behind it and it sounded like the crowd that they were trying to attract would be just the sort of ladies before which I'd love to display my blood sweat and tears.

Alas, I had already committed to this first deal and wouldn't have enough time to prepare for the other since the dates nearly overlapped. Phooey.

I made myself a mental note: "Inquire about this other opportunity for next year"... and then, I completely forgot about it.

WELL, I received a phone call out of the blue the other day from a friend of mine (whom I hadn't said anything to about wanting to be a part of the aforementioned event) to tell me she had heard an advertisement for the show on the radio, thought of me, and just happened to take the number down.

I called the number and before I knew it, I was on the list.
Info exchanged.
Booth reserved.

Long story short, my life is crazy and about to get a little crazier but I could truly not be more excited! I have already noticed my schedule more freed up for creating since school has started up again and after implementing a couple of "this is what I want to create within this certain portion of time" goals, I am already feeling well on my way to being prepared for the event.

Typically I work on one piece at a time, seeing one thing through from start to finish, rather than working on several things at once and creating them all in shifts. I also usually never show works in progress but I tweaked my process and couldn't resist sharing pics after seeing all these guys stacked up and laid out together...


(she pauses for effect and takes a DEEP breath)

Here we go...

Happily,
Emily


3 comments:

susie said...

You have been a busy bee! Can't wait to see the finished products! More info on the show please, inquiring minds want to know.

the_storie_goes_on said...

definately more info on the show please!! oo and hunni you got this.. your like wonder woman but WAY more wonderful.. and attractive.. :D

Desiree Fawn said...

Oh wow -- this is all so exciting! I can't wait to see more!