If you know me at all, you know that birthdays are a HUGE thing for me. I LOOOOVE them. Always have, always will. I would suppose I can attribute that to my mom who always made sure (and still makes sure to this day) to make our birthdays a REALLY big deal. Thankfully, though he doesn't quite share my same passion when it comes to birthdays in general, Gabe has definitely done a GREAT job of making sure that he really goes all out on my day :)
Here is a rundown of the day on which I celebrated the fact that God saw fit for me to exist...
1. Woke up to Gabe offering to take the kiddos to school so I could sleep in for a bit. (I know ladies, let's hear a collective "awwww") :) Before he left though, he pulled a bag out from under the bed containing season 5 of The Office on dvd and a Starbucks gift card. My man KNOWS me. :)
2. Kept my phone close in anticipation of the phone call I would be getting from my mother singing Happy Birthday to me, just as I have at the same time each and every year on my birthday. 11:47am - the time I was born.
My phone rang right after this pic was taken.
3. Got phone call from my dad. Hassled him that he was about 10 minutes late (he called at 11:57) to which he replied, "ya, that's mom's thing". :)
4. Got ready to head out for the day and just before stepping out the door, I was greeted by a kind gentleman from one of our local purveyors of loverly flora with a HUGE bouquet full of flowers and other lovely things. All my favorite colors together in one frosted glass vase, and sent with love from one of the most amazing cousins (and her family) a girl could ask for.
5. Went out to lunch with my Mamma and Miss Sophie at the joint of my choosing so sushi it was! Yummm.
6. Headed off for a birthday haircut and brow waxing (MUCH needed). I wasn't exactly sure how much I was gonna get hacked off when I got there but by the time all was said and done, my locks are now approximately 6in. shorter than they were before. It feels quite freeing :)
7. Went home to gather some clothes and jammies and then dropped them off at my parent's house since the little women were going to be spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Fun for everyone! While dropping off the clothes, mom gave me the second part of my gift (the first part was a GORGEOUS bedding set she got for me a month or so ago while we were out shopping - pics to come). Second part of the gift: Season 4 of The Office, a tiny hair trimmer (to be used between waxings for those pesky little strays), and some dark chocolate truffles. My Mamma KNOWS me. :)
8. Went back home to pick up Gabe so we could go out to dinner.
9. Was QUITE surprised when we got to the restaurant and I realized that Gabe had invited some of our friends to join us without my knowing it! Not everyone was able to make it but we had a WONDERFUL time with those who were able to come and it was DEFINITELY a "thought that counts" moment. Our dinner concluded with the wait staff singing "happy birthday" to me as I got to blow out a candle stuck into a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. YUM.
10. Hung out with one of my VERY dear friend as well as Gabe, my parents, and kiddos for a bit before heading home for the night.
It was a GOOD day and the celebration continues as I sit here at my local Starbucks (BY MYSELF NO LESS) sipping a pumpkin spice latte and surfing the web. Tonight: homemade chicken noodle soup at mom's house.
Life is good and I am blessed beyond measure.