Monday, August 31, 2009

Off and running...

As I alluded to last night with my "shopping frantically for school supplies" comment, The day has finally come. The girls were absolutely VIBRATING with excitement and literally bouncing all over the place Sunday night as it was the eve of their first day of school for this year.

Lillie to be in the 2nd grade, and Isabel, Kindergarden.

All I have to do is not have another baby until Sophie starts school and I'll be able to keep my "more kids in school than at home" streak going. I'll be running the numbers on that immediately after this posts...

A quick pic before hopping in the car...

The obligatory "shot outside the school doors on the first day of school" picture...
there was already a bit of Oh man mom, SERIOUSLY??? face.


I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked, but I did spend a little extra time savoring the silence with my orange mug full of cranberry pomegranate green tea. Gabe had graciously offered to stay home until I returned from taking the girls to school so I wouldn't have to wake Sophie to take her with me... she was still snoozing when I returned and ended up sleeping till nearly 10:00am. Thank you God for children who sleep in.


The day went off without a hitch and even though I did have Sophie here at home with me, for some reason, I felt oddly free and full - if not with actual productivity, then at least with the prospect of it.

Here's to the next 8.5 months of gettin' stuff done. May you be able to leap large piles of laundry in a single bound as I know I will be.

Happily,
Emily

PS Happy "day that Starbucks brings back the Pumpkin Spice Latte for the season" day!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Inalee said...

I can't believe how tall Lillie is. Isabel looks precious. I know Isabel loved her first day at school and is looking forward to everything kindergarten has to offer. My little girls are growing up. Can we keep Sophie little for as long as we can? Lots of love, Inalee

susie said...

Happy school year to your little ladies.

P.S. I love your orange mug. I'm rather partial to all things orange.

Janel said...

Amen on the Pumpkin Spice Latte! It is sooooooo delicious.

Any chance you could blog on the Etsy Black Market situation?? I have been hearing about this, but have no info. Do mind discussing it and how to look for such items, so as not to purchase said item?

Thanks a bunch!

The Noisy Plume: said...

The black market is a BAD thing. You don't want to be part of that...

As for you MISS THING...
You know I love it when you wear purple and orange all at once. I'm going to do it today as well, in solidarity. As usual.
Love you.

Rachael said...

A. Your girls are so adorable for their first day of school!
2. You look CUTE as a button in your orange and purple (as Ms. Plume has already pointed out!) and your awesome mug!! Yay for at least the feeling of productivity!
D. Is it REALLY the day that the Pumpkin Spice Latte returns??? Oh boy am I in trouble now...

ps. Yes I know my "bullets" aren't normal...it's my weird odd to one of my favorite (aka makes me laugh) parts in one of my favorite christmas movies. :)

pss. I'm interested in hearing about the Black Market too...I just want to know what it is and how to avoid it...

Rachael said...

OOOPs! ODE, my ODE to a movie..not odd. Jeez. LOL