Saturday, August 1, 2009

My life as I know it at this very moment in time...

I just wanted to pop in to fill you all in on what the HECK has been up with me as of late, and, if you had noticed a distinct ABSENCE of jewelry pics 'round these parts as of late, it's because there's been a distinct absence of creating as of late.

I feel like I've been stretched out in so many different directions that nothing I'm trying to do is getting done very well.



I've got a lot of things on my plate at the moment but rest assured I have recently ("recently" meaning 2 nights ago while laying in bed awake till nearly 2:30am) put a bit of a "plan" into action for myself and things should be turning around for me over the course of the next few weeks or so.

I have never really considered myself much of a "schedule girl". I typically ABHOR structure and I'm not a big fan of charting out my life.

HOWEVER...

It has recently come to my attention that whether I like it or not, creating somewhat of a schedule for myself is absolutely necessary.

There are things in life that just may not ever happen unless you at least pencil them in.

There's more to it than just "needing to make time to make jewelry" but that is what I'm zeroing in on today.

I also wanted to take a minute to let you know that I LOVE doing custom orders and I DON'T see myself EVER giving that up, but, I've never really had any kind of plan in place as far as how I go about filling them, and so far, everyone who has asked has gotten put on the list.

That list has kept me busy (not that I'm not thrilled about it, don't get me wrong!) to the point that I have absolutely ZERO time for making anything else and it's taking me longer than I'd like to complete pieces for people with the current schedule I'm keeping (or NOT keeping rather), basically working whenever I can work it in between being a wife and a mommy.

I have started to notice that this is not working out.

I MISS making whatever the HECK pops into my head and showing it off for the world to see, knowing no one is waiting for it and no one even knows about it up to that point, but me.

Plus, it seems my every spare moment is filled up with something and there's no time left for recharging. Enter: the schedule.

SO... over the next few weeks I'm going to be working on the current custom orders I have on my list (if you have already contacted me regarding a custom order up to this point - 12:02PM CST on July the 4th, 2009 - then fear not, you are on the list and your piece will be created in the order that your request was received!). I'll be halting all new requests for the time being, and devising a plan as to how I want to go forward regarding custom orders. I don't know how long it will take me to get things set "just so" but I'll definitely put the word out here on my blog as well as in my etsy shop announcement once things are "set in stone" (HA!)

I love you all to PIECES and you have no idea what a wonderful feeling it is for me just knowing you're there.

Deep breath.

Ahhhhh...

Happily,
Emily




5 comments:

Michele said...

No pressure from here Emily.

If a piece pops into your mind and your heart tells you that you mustmustmust make *it* right this instant, I can wait for my ring.

I totally understand the crazy wife/mother schedule. In fact, I will probably totally forget about my ring and then, when it is complete, it will be a fantastic surprise! See? Everyone wins.

Take care of yourself.

RosyRevolver said...

I am so feeling you on this. Wishing you all the best with the schedule creation, as well as all your orders. It's good you're taking care of you too!

Vita said...

I totally agree with what Michele says...I myself am in self-destructive mode with trying to pull myself (apart) in 10 different directions and realize that I, too, need to stop and take a breather, ASAP!

So ditto about my ring order Em...take your time for me, as I'm in no rush either. :)
Hugs!!!

lizgraziano84 said...

I think balance is the key-although I have yet to achieve this. I am by nature very scattered even though I have three children, a full time job and try to compulsively work on jewelry. I read this great bit on the topic by Anne Tyler and she she said "You probably can have all that you want, just not all at once". That gives me solace at times.

thebearaffair said...

Welcome back, Emily. I can share your feelings. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed when I think of what I have on my list. Then I really go over the edge when I check out other shops and see the beautiful creations out there - oh, if we could just give up sleeping and eating we would get more done.....I was reading some of Lisaslovlies blogs from January and you mentioned that your hubby had built you a system to vent when you are soldering. did you ever post pics of that? I'm new and concerned about the fumes, etc. Thank you for your help and have a great weekend, sally