Monday, August 31, 2009

Home free...

...well, not completely free, but the "home" part is accurate.

We got back Sunday afternoon from our "end of summer vacation extravaganza" complete with two very different, yet equally fun destinations, however, I'm not gonna lie and say I don't have mixed feelings about it all...

It was SO good to get away for an entire week, with Mr. G along to boot. VERY good.

Not so good that we ended up having to cut our "cabin" portion of the trip shorter than we would have liked due to the mid-week arrival of other guests...

VERY good once we got to our second destination. Some very exciting goings-on for our family (NO mom, I am not pregnant) that I would LOVE to tell you about, but, the timing isn't quite right for releasing it all out into the interwebs. All in good time.

Warm temps while at the cabin this time :)

Still no shower at the cabin :(

Little Women learning to play chess.

The Mr. and I trying to remember how to play chess.

Sophie falling into the lake (shallow) fully clothed.
Gabe jumping into the lake fully clothed to pull her out.
Me right there with my camera to capture the whole thing.

Lord of the Rings-a-thon.

Dark chocolate s'mores once again.

Eating sandwiches during a picnic lunch.

Mosquitos eating us during a picnic lunch.

Itasca State Park.

Mall of America.

Water Park of America.

IKEA.

Rex along for the ride.

Hotel that accommodates pets.

Hotel that has a SHOWER.

Sleeping in.

Sleeping in some more.

Back home just in time to run out and frantically shop for all the girls' school supplies I had neglected to purchase previously. They'd need them for their first day of school... the next day...

Wishing I was still away while being so glad to be home all at the same time.


A little cabin on a lake...

"Chess Mate" as they kept saying after almost every move...

Soaking wet and it took everything within me not to burst out laughing...
She was fine and ended up getting lots of extra attention from the other 2 little women that night...

Huckelberry Iz...

"Charlie's Cherubs"???

Eating lunch in your bathing suit while sitting at the end of a dock makes lunch taste better...

I've got photographs of myself standing next to these guys when I was little...
and my dad probably has some from his childhood as well...

Itasca State Park. GORGEOUS...

The "Off" offered no relief... the mosquitos feasted nearly as well as we did...

The headwaters of the Mississippi river...

Snapped just prior to the devouring of MANY s'mores...

Lego land... Isabel was blown away...

Hotel napping...

It's good to be home folks. Let real life begin...

Happily,
Emily



4 comments:

The Noisy Plume: said...

Welcome home sistah!!!
XOXOXOXOOXOXOXO (to infinity and beyond)

Tyson Diddley said...

Emily, I first learned how to play chess by watching you and Chris play a game at your house. Do you remember that?

susie said...

Welcome home. Love the pics, looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I got out our chess set the other night to teach Jason and realized I had forgotten too. Congrats on whatever exciting changes may be coming your way.

ShayJay said...

I am glad you guys had so much fun in the great state of Minnesota! ;) Love the pics, the girls are just too too cute.