Thursday, August 20, 2009

At long last...

Oh my FREAKING WORD. I just looked back through my blog archive to see when the last time was that I posted pics of new work, and do you know when it was???
JULY 1st!!!

HOLY smokes. That is just plain ridiculous.

So ladies (AND gents, for I know there are a few "Misters" that peek in every now and again)... without further delay, I give you a peek at the goodies my hands have created over the last several weeks...

A few recently completed custom orders
(and a gift for someone who doesn't even know yet!)...


And THESE below are up for grabs!

The first one is at a set length, but I have been
experimenting lately with the concept of an
"adjustable length" necklace (pics 2 and 3)
I'm quite happy with how all of these turned out...




AAAND... Trying new things means trial and error. I actually have another piece I finished, but sadly, I had some troubles near it's completion, to the point that I don't feel comfortable offering it for sale. The "glitch" is barely noticeable to the naked eye, but my main concern was not with the look, but with the long term structural integrity of the piece... I make my pieces to LAST folks, and if I have a doubt about a piece's longevity, I don't sell it. This one will stay in my personal collection and serve as a "what not to do next time" example. I'll give it another go at some point.

I think I'll save the pic of it for another day...

AHHH! I LOVE the suspense... but only when I know what's coming. :)

In other "silver-related" news, I am SO excited about a rather involved piece I've been working on here and there over the last several weeks. I was finally able to finish one of the major components just last night and I ended up staying up till 3am, foolishly thinking that I'd be able to finish the whole thing by morning.

It was not to be.

Sleep became necessary.

It was definitely an "eyes were bigger than my stomach while in the buffet line" sort of night.

Sometimes I get so eager to see a piece through to completion that I end up doing things differently than I had originally envisioned in order to finish something sooner than it otherwise would have taken... no corner cutting... just different than originally planned.

This piece deserves to be seen through to fruition just as I see it in my head at this very moment, so, I shall finish it over the course of the next few weeks (rather than hours) and show you pics just as soon as I'm able.

Sleep is overrated in my opinion but none the less, I suppose I should at least give it a try.

Wishing you a loverly Thursday!!!

Happily,
Emily


11 comments:

RosyRevolver said...

Love the lacy look of that first ring . . . and cannot wait to see what it is you are working on for so long!! Glad you are getting some "making time" in.

susie said...

Cannot wait to see the new piece (is it the bee piece?) I love the colors and textures and intricacy of your pieces. I haven't made anything in forever - I miss it terribly. I keep my sketch pad on my desk as I work scribbling away for that someday. I love seeing the work- such a motivator.

The Noisy Plume: said...

Hey baby!
Glad you're bringing back the lace, I was just about to...AND the adjustable chain length is a MUST. The last 6 necklaces I've whipped up have had extender chains -- the ladies like it.

By the way, thanks for sticking up for my silver moustache the other day...

Also, I'm rather smitten with your porpoise.
XOXOXOXOOXOX
You're my favorite kitten.
JSL

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Your color choices make me salivate!!! You are such a gifted artist.

liz r. said...

All gorgeous, particularly the leopard jasper.

reconstructing sarah said...

i must say, dear em, i am particularly fond of the first piece as well :)

The Noisy Plume: said...

PS I neglected to mention that since you and I are privy to show and tells with each other via Skype and Blackberry...

I have seen the thing that Em speaks of and it is indeed loverly.
:)

summer s. said...

Love the new pieces...especially the second jasper necklace!! You are so talented. Excited about the extender necklaces...might have to pick one up.
Take care,
Summer

Sunnydaze said...

Gorgeous as always! The "lace" on the first ring is so gorgeous, and I love the adjustable necklaces!

Michele said...

The red ring is mine and it arrived today! It's FANTASTIC! There is one problem ... it's terribly distracting while I'm driving.

Thank you thank you thank you Emily!

Vita said...

Love that lace ring!