Friday, July 24, 2009

Those clouds is CRAZY...

Living here in the midwest means several different things, among which are...
Meat packing plants
Corn fields within a few minutes drive
and...
Tornado Alley.
Yep, I think I talked about this a while back but "tis the season" really. I will be the first to admit that I LOVE severe weather. A storm warning is issued and instead of heading for the basement, I head outside. I don't look at living in "Tornado Alley" as something to fear, but something exciting.
Nothing actually came of any of it this time, but, there were some SERIOUSLY funky clouds out yesterday evening and I could SWEAR I saw the makings of a wall cloud (the straight black cloud that funnels come down from).
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else :)
Happily,
Emily

5 comments:

the_storie_goes_on said...

i know what you mean.. ive lived in the midwest my whole life and i still have yet to see a tornado.. and believe me im looking.. haha im with you on going outside..
but yesterday was beautiful.. i loved those clouds..

susie said...

Beautiful.

UmberDove said...

Amazing! And to this West Coast gal (who's seen a few earthquakes and feels like they're old hat) a cloud like that is frighteningly beautiful.

RosyRevolver said...

Gorgeous pictures.

Inalee said...

The pictures are beautiful. Please be careful.