Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Afternoon in the Park...

So today was actually one of the most fun and relaxing Saturdays we've had around in a long time! Usually we've got something to do or somewhere to go, but today? Nothing... except for laundry which I had already decided early in the day that I wasn't gonna do... no pile(s) of dirty clothing was gonna ruin my day!

The little women often ask to go outside to "our park" (the swing set/playhouse in our backyard) but as I often have much to do around here, and we don't yet live out in the country where I would feel comfortable just sending them out without my eagle-eye supervision (watching them from the kitchen window, rather than from 2 feet away), it doesn't always happen.

Today, we went outside.

It was BEAUTIFUL out and the little women kept themselves QUITE occupied, despite the fact that 2 of our 3 swings are still broken (not to self: BUY NEW SWING CHAINS) and there was a huge mud puddle right at the bottom of the slide.

We finished the afternoon off with a "fancy" lunch (a few different courses including grapes, and quesadillas, and soup eaten out of tiny bowls with tiny spoons while we talk to each other in our best "fancy-lady" british accents) and a movie (with cheese popcorn of course).

"The boy" watching the girls run back and forth and trying
with everything within him not to jump up and
chase after them (something we're working on)

The lone working swing - thankfully it's a double-seater

Not sure it was the safest move but
making use of the broken swing's remains

Very seldom will he let his ball get
any further away from him than this

Tug of war - who do you suppose will win?

... why he did of course
(note the placement of the stick and the ball -
"MINE!"
He's as bad as the kids.)

"fancy-lady" lunch
(even the chocolate milk was fancy today)
(and yes, that is a pile of rocks to the far left of the table)

The laundry still isn't done but life is good. :)

Happily,
Emily

4 comments:

Marina H said...

Can I just say that I LOVE that there's a Barbie on the table. My Barbies went EVERYWHERE with me. Happy you had such a wonderful Saturday. Mine was very good too. Seems like a good day for all!

Take care!

susie said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend the day.
p.s. Is it just me, or does your dog have a really long tongue?

EmeliaRo said...

Marina: yep, that's a barbie alright! A barbie and some stuffed animal puppies, and a pile of rocks. Sometimes there are just things we CANNOT part with :)

Susie: Yes, he does indeed have the longest tongue on a dog I've ever seen.

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Oh my goodness- that sounds like heaven. I am loving how long your dog's tongue is in the 'mine!' picture... that made me laugh out loud :)