Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Peek at my Pad" Thursday #26...

This is a pic I took in my kitchen of the space above my sink. I finally remembered to ask Gabe to hang my new knife strip ("new" being a relative term as it was actually purchased at IKEA - MY FAVORITE STORE - while on vacation last summer... and no, we didn't go on vacation to IKEA... though that actually sounds like a lovely idea...). I LOVE it! So handy and much easier access than hauling the knives in and out of the case they came in.

Also in the photograph are my cute little green glass hanging votive candle holder and the lovely little plant I have somehow managed not to kill (WOOT!)



This is also one of the first shots I took with my new camera and I have found that the more I learn about photography, the more I realize just how little I know!
Practice makes perfect eh?

Well, let's hope so - I'm practicing away!

Happily,
Emily

2 comments:

the_storie_goes_on said...

well i can say your knives look a little scary.. haha.. and congrats on not killing the plant.. !!

susie said...

I love the way the light looks streaming through your shade. I need to break it off with my old camera and only carry the new one around to really get used to it. I really loved your red shoe pic - the contrast in colors and the contrast of the blades of grass and the texture of the shoes - so far so good! Have a good 4th