Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just for Dad...

Howdy folks! I'd like to ask that you please indulge me in a bit of an irregular blog post - one meant especially for my father (though you're certainly welcome to check it out!)

[A bit of a back story for those of you who were not present for the extravaganza:
It all started yesterday when my brother and I (along with our children, respectively) went over to our parents house in order that we may all head together to our local Target store (OH my WORD. If you have never been to Target, you NEED to find one as soon as humanly possible and GO THERE. It is AMAZING) in order to do some shopping for the vacation we'll be embarking upon this coming Monday.]

Dad had already gotten up a little earlier than perhaps he normally would have in order to go with me to take my car in for some routine maintenance

+

Had some troubles locating his reading glasses while on an important phone call

+

Our announcement that we would ALL be going on this little shopping trip to target (shopping of COURSE being among his top 10 very favorite things to do... right up there with "go anywhere where there will be a huge crowd, eat green beans, wear a fanny-pack, and have his fingernails pulled out one by one)

=

Dad was a little grumpy.

So, what do I do when I notice Dad is less than thrilled about this little excursion? Why, I grab my camera to document the trip of course!

Dad made a comment the other day along the lines of:

"Hey everybody look! Emily got a new camera and it is permanently attached to her hand!"

(like that's a bad thing)

I told him that when I'm old I'll have TONS of photos to look back over to remember all the wonderful times I've had throughout life, and he'll be sitting sadly in a chair, begging to look at my pics. As soon as he saw me grab my camera yesterday, his first comment was:

"You're not bringing that thing are you???"

to which I replied...

"Why yes I am Dad! Memories... Memories".

(I think there may have even been a comment along the lines of "well, I suppose this is going on that smelts blogging thing huh?)

SOOO... without further ado, here you go Dad! Photographic documentation of our trip to run errands... sent out to forever float through cyberspace for everyone to see...

(This one was taken immediately after the
"you aren't bringing that thing with you are you?" comment)
Ok... let's do this...

Chris was putting on his best "disinterested" face but
he was secretly pumped about going, I just know it.

Mom really was excited...

Everybody in...

seat belts fastened...

Now Dad is driving. Luckily, somehow
I got to ride in the passenger seat...

Getting out of the van getting ready to go into the bank...

Heading into the bank...

"Are you really following me in with that thing?"
"Yep."

Takin' care of business...

Their bank is small and since every body knows everybody,
the tellers all wanted the grand-babies to come in
so they could see how much everyone has grown...
...and pass out bubblegum flavored suckers...

Heading into Target...

After Dad had temporarily lost the aforementioned pair of reading glasses,
mom put 3 more pairs on her list...
one for Dad's truck,
one to set next to his chair,
and one to keep in mom's purse...

Dad looking optimistic since we are finally in the
check out lane... or rather, the "homestretch"...

Chris jumping in (as usual) to ruin what would have
otherwise been a very cute pic of the girls...
(Isabel is still smiling but notice Sophie's look of disgust in the background)

A better shot after having packed all the
goodies into the back of the van :)

So there you go Dad... wasn't that exciting!??... and that was just a trip to run a few errands... just think about what it will be like next week when we are together for 6 days straight! :)

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

Two Bees said...

This is going to be a blast!

Michele said...

I'm so jealous!

I was in Iowa for five days and I made two trips to Target. Usually, I make some excuse to go to Target every day but the airlines are charging big bucks for luggage these days so I had to restrain myself.

I miss Target so much. The Zellers up here in Canada is a poor substitute.

Inalee said...

I love the pictures! The pictures of your dad are very special. I miss all of you! I wish I could be there. I know you will have a great vacation!