Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday America!!!...

I hope you all had a wonderful and restful Independence Day weekend! We definitely did! Mr. G actually had the ENTIRE WEEKEND OFF... for the first time in... well... I can't really remember the last time he had a full weekend off! It was good. Very good.

Friday night was filled with sparklers at my parent's house and going to watch a local fireworks display. Saturday was our annual 4th of July family gathering with my dad's side of the family for food, swimming (for those of us brave enough... I'll explain in a minute*) and sitting to chat and catch up on what's happened in everyone's lives since Christmas. Later that evening it was off to Gabe's parents house for more food, more sparklers, and a fireworks display of our own!

Here are several pictures from our weekend...

Sparklins...



Cousins...

I am quite convinced that he is incapable of having his picture taken
without either contorting his face in some crazy sort of way,
or looking like he's having a mug-shot taken.
Oh how he's a cutie regardless...

*Though it was fairly drizzly off and on for the 4th, and the temp didn't make it above the low 70s (it had been QUITE sweltering till then!), the girls still wanted to go swimming and far be it from me to keep them from it!

Swimmin' when everyone else is sittin around in hooded sweatshirts...
in true kid fashion...



Finally mustered the courage to jump off the diving board...

Out at the farm...


Learning the difference between girl and boy chickens...
(these are the little guys I posted pics of a few weeks ago
as tiny fuzzy chicks! Can you believe how much they've grown!??)

Izzy is my rock hound - a girl after my own heart...

Discovering "snaps" for the first time...

More sparklins...

I couldn't resist...
(If I was really thinking, I would have tried to write it backwards!)

Happy 233rd Birthday America!!!

Happily,
Emily



2 comments:

susie said...

Looks like you're getting the hang of that camera - love the sparkler shots - and you have to love blue lip swimming with shivers (it was cold here in St. Louis too). I also had my first weekend off in a VERY long time, so nice...looks like a lovely weekend was had by all.

Nancy*McKay said...

...oooOOOh...your beautiful girls SPARKLE the most!