Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gettin' out of Dodge...

Well folks, by now, if you read my post from yesterday (photographically documenting our errand-running trip in preparation to go out of town) you may have surmised that I'll be going on a little trip with the fam come morning (4:00 in the morning to be precise - Dad likes to get an early start... personally, I could have stood to leave closer to sunrise but that's just me...)

My grandparents own a cabin in northern Minnesota and ever since my dad was a little boy, it has been a regular vacation spot PERFECT for just getting away to RELAX.

Tiny cabin - quaint

9 people staying in said cabin - um... cozy???

Lake access - perfect

Having to bathe in the lake due to the lack of a shower in "quaint cabin" - less than thrilling

The camping shower my honey bought for me before a cabin trip a few years ago - A GODSEND.

I am unsure what the internet connectivity situation will be like this year (last year it was patchy at best) so just to be safe, I'm going to close my etsy shop for the week and if I am unable to blog while I'm away, I'll talk to (or at least "type to") you all upon my return with MANY photos to share I'm sure :)

Goodnight! (4:00am will be here before I know it...)

Happily,
Emily


3 comments:

susie said...

Safe travels, have fun!

Two Bees said...

Yippee for no access!
Have fun!

The Noisy Plume: said...

WHaaaaaAAAAaAAat?
I love shampooing in a lake. Once you've got your head all frothy you get to dive in and watch the foamy bubbles smoogaloo (not a real word). Shape up sister. Lake baths are the best. Duh.

LOVE YOU MY SISTER and I was so glad to chat with you this week for so many reasons.