Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time flies when you're havin' kids...

I can not believe that it has been 10 YEARS since I graduated high school! I remember my last day of school... walking through the hall one last time and QUITE positive I'd never be back. Not for a visit, not for a reunion, not for nothin'.

Now, don't get me wrong, high school was fun enough (my senior year class load consisting of late arrival, 4 art classes, phycology/sociology, and early dismissal) but I was SO ready to move on. I knew there were people I was gonna miss but I also felt very strongly about walking through those large double doors and not looking back.

I graduated high school, got married, moved half way across the country, graduated college, had my first child, and moved back across the country all before turning 22. It was a roller coaster to say the least (good thing I LOVE amusement parks) but with each year that passed and each milestone I reached in my own life, I became increasingly curious about the people I knew and had been so close with back in high school, wondering where they were, what they were doing, and how many of them were reaching the same milestones as me.

Well, almost 9 years of marriage, 2 houses, 2 more babies, a german shepherd, and what felt like the blink of an eye later, here I sit, one night away from my 10 year class reunion. I am excited and more curious than ever and all I have to do now is decide what to wear...

[Gabe and me at the "T.W.I.R.P." dance ("The Woman Is Required To Pay") my senior year...
I don't think he let me pay though].

Happily,
Emily

PS Can we just take a moment to enjoy the vastness of my eyebrows in this photo!??... wow.


4 comments:

Vita said...

Awww, so sweet! He didn't let you pay...what a catch!! ;)

As for your eyebrows, naww, you look so pretty! :) I, too, had unruly brows...however, lately they have become "over-plucked" and so I have been growing them back for months!!! Like seriously, almost a year now!! I miss my crazy brows!!! :P

Vita said...

OH and have a blast at your 10 yr reunion!!! Mine was 2 years ago...but didn't make it b/c they had it in another town 10 hours away...weird. Plus, I was 9 months preggo and in no mood for travelling!

susie said...

I had a lot of fun at my 10 year- the best part was the people who surprised me, the nerd who got hot, the trouble maker turned doctor. Adorable pic of you and the hubby- oh to be young and in love! Have a great weekend!

elliott said...

amazing..i see both of your kids in your smiling faces!!
hope the reunion was fantastic!
e