Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In the shop at last...

Hallooo!

Just thought I'd let you know I'm in the process of putting a few things in the shop (mostly stuff I've had made for a bit - I think you've seen it all). Seems like I've been so focused on the "making" lately that I have been neglecting the "listing"! :)

Wrists have been slapped so fear not, for I am adjusting my ways.

ALSOOO... I wanted to show you a pic of a bracelet I made a while back. It's fairly simple in it's design (though time consuming in it's creation as the parts have not been cast but rather sawed out and soldered together by hand) but, I've been a but afraid to show it off for fear the idea would be immediately sniped and soon you'd see it everywhere and it would no longer be unique... HOWEVER, I have come to the conclusion that it isn't doing anyone any good for me to just let it sit on a plate next to my computer for only my eyes to enjoy and let the rest of you miss out... though until now, you didn't know what you were missing out on... oh pish-posh, now I'm just rambling.

ANYWAY... I've come to far to turn back now so, here it is! (in the shop soon)...

The "zip yer lip" bracelet...



Just a little visual reminder of what seems like something I've had to work on a lot lately (ok, who am I kidding, more like FOR MY WHOLE LIFE), just learning to keep my mouth SHUT.

Not everything needs to be said... Being female and having a certain quota of words that absolutely MUST be spoken on any given day, it's sometimes hard to keep some of those words from turning into gossip or even just idle chatter, a mindless stream of consciousness.

You know when you're just about to say something and you get that little nudge inside that causes you to pause? However satisfying you may think it would be to just "say what you gotta say", it is ALWAYS the high road to obey your inner nudge.

Our tongues are like fires, shooting off tiny sparks that can ignite an inferno... an inferno that can destroy and leave devastation in it's path, or a fire that can purity and refine, leaving the ground a more fertile place than it was before. It is up to us to decide what we do with that fire.

Happily,
Emily

9 comments:

Vita said...

That's one BRILLIANT bracelet Em!! So cool! And good advice too! :)

susie said...

I only wish I had the mad skills to duplicate that bracelet - so smart! I may need one, I never seem to know when to "zip it".

Stephanie said...

I love that bracelet!

Two Bees said...

What a great concept! Remember we saw it here first! Great job!

Elaine said...

OMG! It is amazing! You are so talented and creative. Inquiring arms would like to know when you shall list it in the shop!

the_storie_goes_on said...

awesome.. I LOVE IT!!

RosyRevolver said...

really, really beautiful Emily. in its design and concept. your words, as always, hit deep and ring true.

liz r. said...

Fantastic bracelet! I should get it to remind me to shut my yap while watching movies with dh (poor patient guy).

The Noisy Plume: said...

Dearest Friend of Mine,
IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU BLOGGED THAT BRACELET! I can't even remember when you first showed it to me...maybe over Skype in March???

Anyway, we've discussed all the topics covered in this blog post so many times....I feel permanently blue in the face. For the record, I'm so glad that I have always felt SO safe with you when it comes to previewing new design ideas...I love to love you. I love to brain share you. I love to zip my lips when I'm with you.

You're my babeliest babe-friend.
XO

PS Word Verification today is: potally
Which is how people in Idaho say totally.