Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm not gonna lie, that was a little weird...

So, it's Friday night. I was sitting there at my favorite provider of both lattes and Wi-Fi, and I was... ALONE.

No kids.

No Mr. G.

NO ONE but me and a couple baristas behind the counter.

Mr. G is workin' and the little women are at "Bubble Grandma's" house to spend the night.

I can't remember the last time I was completely alone for more than a half hour or so...

...It was very strange... and quite nice... sometimes momma just needs a little "un-accounted-for" time, am I right ladies!??

Here are a few pics from my evening... take special note of the lack of children in these shots... ;)

Sushi (avocado rolls - my FAVORITE) for supper. My kids aren't typically fans of sushi... unless, of course, you could find some on the menu at McD's...

Stopped at Target to get something to wear to a wedding I'll be attending tomorrow afternoon (ended up getting the dress in the middle) and tried a few other things on in a hue I don't typically gravitate toward. I came close to buying a pair of skinny jeans but then, I came to my senses...

Through the rainy window. Mmmm...

Set up in my little corner...

Since I didn't have to put anyone to bed, I had PLENTY of time to paint my nails and give them ample time to dry as to avoid blanket marks during the night (something I am almost NEVER able to avoid)...

The extravaganza continues in the morning when I shall once again, get myself some coffee, and go get my hair cut FINALLY... I am SOOOOOO in need of a hair-hacking! I have a few ideas but I can honestly say, I'm not sure what I'm gonna end up having done. HOPEFULLY nothing I'll regret...

Listen... do you hear that? Oh, you don't hear anything? Me either. ;)

Happily,
Emily

7 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

Mmm alone time.
So bizarre!

liz r. said...

Coincidentally, my parents took my kids last night so my husband and I could celebrate our wedding anniversary. We went to dinner and a movie and this morning we're pottering around the house doing little projects (well, he is . . . I'm reading your blog). Yeah, it's fun.

Very pretty dress. And in every post you seem to have a different beautiful ring on your finger. They're all stunners!

susie said...

Wow, a meal that doesn't come with a toy. I wasn't aware such things still existed. Take care and enjoy your quiet time.

the_storie_goes_on said...

cant say i know what its like not to have kids around.. though i dont have any of me own.. the neighborhood kids seem to suddenly flock to our house.. hmm maybe it has something to do with that dang trampoline.. :) but i do know what its like to just take a seat in a corner of an awesome coffee shop and just chillax.. mmm its so nice. i hope you enjoyed your time.. im sure you deserved it.

liz r. said...

Susie, you've made me wish that my meals came with toys. Why can't they?

Vita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vita said...

It's weird isn't it?! Having all that time to yourself! But I give you an A++++++!!! You did GOOD!! hehe
I LOVE Starbucks, sushi and your Jasper Poppy ring!!! :D