Wednesday, June 3, 2009

If only I had skills...

If photoshop didn't still intimidate me so badly, perhaps I would be able to make my photos look this amazing, alas, shortly after getting photoshop, I went to the library to get some books to help me out... and instead of helping me out, they just sat in the corner of my room, taunting me till 2 days before their due date when I promptly returned them and ended the torture.



These photos were taken the other day by the UBER-talented Chad at one of the graduation receptions we attended. Here is his website if you want to check out some of his other work. He's pretty much one of the most talented young photographers I've ever had the privilege of meeting. That, and he loved Isabel's home-made hat. :) I am honored to have had a few shots snapped of us, and even more thrilled that he turned them into such amazing little works of art.
Some people paint with paint. Others "paint" with silver and stone, and others yet "paint" with light and lens.

Happily,
Emily

7 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

Nice job Chad, and you are all looking mighty pretty girls...all of you!

Inalee said...

Love Isabel's hat. Is it one of Grandma Gladys' creations? Love you!

the_storie_goes_on said...

yes its true photoshop is soooo intimidating.. i stick to the simple things.. haha.. so its my cop out give me a break.. lol.. i prefer the lens and light myself..

elliott said...

i'll try this post again..miss. em, you and your people are so lovely you transcend 'photoshop'..although i am struck by Chad's lovely compositions...Nice work the other day..i must etsy you re. a pair of earrings for my mom...(perhaps, to "go with" her neutral necklace)..let me check my accounts...
hey, i know you and miss.plume are dear ones--check out her blog today--she is sad--i think she needs you...

t. said...

Great photos!

susie said...

Looks like a lovely day - nice pics. Love the pieces from yesterday, especially the petri dish and the "this is my fancy necklace" - I am totally fancy.

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Those are some gorgeous photos...