Friday, May 8, 2009

My baby is a big girl...



(Showing off her new birthday ring and fancy "birthday party hair" ala Aunt Allison. The back was all curled and pinned up "princess style").

7 years ago today I became a mommy for the very first time. I remember feeling EXTREMELY nervous but strangely enough, quite prepared. I had never parented anyone before, but since it was an immediate reality (no escape by that point) it was like I was suddenly mentally ready. It was like nothing I had read in any book meant anything, but everything my parents had said and done came flooding back. I knew that, though nothing in parenthood is ever completely predictable, I was confident that there would never be an issue Gabe and I wouldn’t be able to handle together as Daddy and Mommy.

Can it really be true that my oldest baby is really turning 7 YEARS OLD?!??? I don’t know if I’m ready for this. For some reason going from 5 to 6 was not a big deal. Even starting Kindergarten didn’t phase me too much, but this turning 7 business!?? I just don’t know.

To my sweet Lillie Bug - Saying "I love you to the moon and back" does not begin to cover it. You are so wise beyond your years and I am so thankful that God chose to give you to Daddy and Me. I so look forward to watching you grow and getting to know the woman that you are well on your way to becoming.

Happy birthday Lil. I love you so much

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

happy birthday to her!

susie said...

Happy birthday to your big girl and Happy Mother's Day to you.

elliott said...

..man, doesn't it go so fast!!??.. i was turning off the lights in my son's room last night and was just amazed to see his body stretched out almost the length of the bed! Such an amazing journey this mothering role!..Happy Birthday to The Lovely Miss. Lily--and a special virtual hug to you Em..the one whose children will surely "arise up and call her Blessed."..Prov 31:28..Happy Mom's day too..

Inalee said...

Thank heaven for little girls! Lillie looks so pretty! I wish I could have been there for her 7th birthday party. Maybe next year . . .