Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's that time of year again...

...time to plan your weekend meals around what people will be serving at their graduation receptions.

Just kidding?...

:)

HOWEVER, today, I did attend the party of one of my VERY most favorite ladies of all... Miss Julia. (PS Julia, the sandwiches were AWESOME!!!)

Julia is hilarious, and gorgeous. She is compassionate and all smiles - the kind of gal who could brighten a basement room in the middle of the night in an electrical outage. She loves Jesus with her whole heart, she is full of positivity, and she is one of the best dancers I've ever seen. Don't even THINK about getting into a dance-off with her... you WILL lose. Just ask Josh.

SIDE-NOTE: (I am fully aware that most of you have absolutely no idea who "Josh" is but, just in case he happens to read this, I just felt it necessary to remind him about his MAJOR loss to Julia after youth group recently. Sorry Josh... just kidding. I am TOTALLY not sorry and I count it a privilege to have watched Julia SCHOOL you the other night).

In addition to all of the above, I have to comment on this... whenever I am going to make something for someone, (Julia's graduation gift in this case) I always ask them what their favorite color is so that I can create their piece accordingly. When I asked this question of Julia, she gave me the most interesting answer I think I have ever gotten...

Me: Hey Julia, what's your favorite color?

Julia: White, no question.

Me: Ok... except white isn't actually a color, rather, the absence of color.

Julia: Oh, really? Ok, then, I'll say "rainbow".

Me: "Rainbow" is your favorite color? Really?

Julia: Ya, that, and white.

Me: I love you Julia

Julia: I love you to Emily

HUG.

A few shots from today...
Doesn't she look like an angel?...
I came bearing gifts...
Smooches...
Julia my dear, congratulations on your graduation!!! I love you so much and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! Whatever it is, I KNOW it's gonna be amazing and I'm glad you're sticking around so I'll have a front row seat. :)

Much Love,
Em

3 comments:

susie said...

White and rainbow - I love that. Have an excellent weekend, susie

elliott said...

Awesome post..I can literally FEEL the love!
xxoo
yes, she does look like an angel..

Desiree Fawn said...

I love that dress!
So pretty!