Monday, April 6, 2009

Etsy treats...

As far as etsy is concerned, (and really jewelry in general) my motto is,

"Don't buy anything you could make yourself"

I recently received 2 goodies in the mail that I most certainly could NOT have made for myself...

I've been going back and forth for quite some time now between getting a bag from Moop or drikab - both FABULOUS purveyors of loverly bags on etsy. Though I'm sure I'll get myself a moop bag at some point (like perhaps an adjustable strap market bag in some shade of rust???) I finally decided that dirkab would be first. I snagged one of her weekender bags - half orange tiles, half grey wool. I LOVE it but I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to fill-'er-up yet! I think when I do, I'll do a "what's in your bag?" post... (I'm almost as curious about what people carry around in their purses as I am about how they decorate their homes!)

The second item is from one of my ALL TIME FAVOTRITE etsyians... Ms. Iris of radcow. She is my go-to-gal whenever I get the hankerin' for another piece of leather to strap around my wrist, the most recent piece to add to my collection being a woodgrain-patterned leather cuff watch. I love love LOVE it!!!

(I couldn't resist)Happily,
Emily

4 comments:

elliott said...

ok, you crack me up...
love the bag--(i'm relieved you can't make it yourself or it would confirm to me you are entirely TOO gifted!). I too LOVE ms. iris @ radcow and got my sister a black double buckle cuff at Christmas and myself a brown 70's cuff..she couldn't have been more lovely..yet another 'sisterhood' moment!...
now you've got me thinkin' i should do a post about what's in my GIANT purse/bag--scary, i carry 2..one 'work' and one girl/mom purse..hmmmm....

hoganfe said...

Wow that cuff is so awesome I am heading over to her shop right now!

mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

hoganfe said...

Wow that cuff is so awesome I am heading over to her shop right now!

mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

The Noisy Plume: said...

WHAT'S IN YOUR PURSE??????????

It could take me hours.

LOVE that orange. I just snaggled up an orange handbag the other week. It adds serious zip to a monochrome grey ensemble.