Sunday, March 15, 2009

Snippets...

I recently finished a bracelet that I've been wanting to work on for some time now. This is the second bracelet along these style lines that I have made and I am VERY pleased with the finished product. The first bracelet I made like this was one I made for myself with a VERY special cab that was a gift from one of my absolute MOST FAVORITE people every to walk the face of this planet. She is even more favorite than dark chocolate and Starbucks. :)

I am always stacking up and layering bracelets and necklaces, not only because I like how they look, but because I also love the little jingle jangle you get when one piece of metal bumps into its neighbor. When I made my bracelet, I set out to create one piece that looked (and sounded) as if it were many different pieces, as well as having a lot going on so that it would look lovely and interesting whichever direction it may happen to turn. This one is quite similar.

As I have mentioned before, I also love the idea of having a wearable piece of inspiration. A few words imprinted onto a piece to give that piece meaning, deeper than just it's outward aesthetics. A word or phrase, tucked away, where perhaps you are the only one who even knows it's there. This piece features that as well... a message on the back to be shared soon...

Sadly, I wasn't very happy with how most of the pics turned out (it's harder than you'd think to take a close up shot of a bracelet, while you're wearing it) so I'm planning on photographing it again. In the meantime, here are a few snippets to ignite your curiosity...

Happily,
Emily

5 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

this is lovely & very intriguing.
I heart that green stone very muchly.

carriex3 said...

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
maybe I should order on of these for my sister in-law....
hmmmmmm, you got me thinking...
VERY COOL!!

MrsLittleJeans said...

tickling my curiosity? ;-)

The Noisy Plume: said...

Oh man.
I love you more than dark chocolate and starbucks too.....I might even love you more than that green peas bracelet of yours...

WHAT?

YOU'RE A GREENPEACER????????

EmeliaRo said...

"Greenpeas bracelet"... that is TOTALLY what I'm gonna call it!!!