Sunday, March 29, 2009

Artin' it up...

Every Thursday is "ladies day"... can't remember if I've explained the origins of ladies day here on the blogeroo or not. For the sake of eliminating confusion, here is the rundown (if you've heard this already, feel free to skip past this next part)...

Probably almost 7 years ago or so, in the interest of getting my Grandma out and about one day a week, my mom started picking her up every Thursday to go out to lunch and to run any errands either of them may have had to run. When we moved back home after living in Delaware for a few years, 2 month old baby Lillie and I were invited to come along on the Thursday excursions. Shortly thereafter, my sister was included and from then on, Thursdays became known as "Ladies Day". Even though Grandma has been gone for a few years now, we have carried on the tradition and to this day, every single Thursday is Ladies Day. I tell ya, just knowing I'm gonna have at least one day during the week where I will for sure get to get out of the house is a GODSEND!!!!!

This past Thursday my brother Chris and his little girl were able to join us (yes, I know Chris is not a "lady" but we do occasionally allow men to join in the festivities). I have a friend who is an AMAZING photographer and since she had one of her photos on display at our local art center, we decided to go there before lunch, check out the photo, and let the cousins play for a while in the kids corner.

The following are several shots from our adventure...

Me trying to trace my face in the mirror...

My graphic designer brother showing off his "way cooler than anything you could make" flower creation on the magnet wall... he doesn't really have crossed-eyes...

My sweet magnet-wall kangaroo (in your FACE Chris!!!)...

Muscles (you should have seen the pics that didn't make the cut) :) ...

Trying to stick Baby Sophie to the magnet wall...

Taking a breather on the orange couch...

The light-up lego table... I couldn't resist...

YAAAY!!!...

Following the maze...

Looking up...

Ok, I am going to BED!!!... tomorrow starts a new work week and what better way to kick it off than with a day of jewelry-creating!!! I can think of nothing finer... unless that jewelry creating is accompanied by sipping something from Starbucks... which could be arranged...

Happily,
Emily

7 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

A few of my girlfriends and I used to meet up every Wednesday morning for tea & such -- perhaps I should try and reinstate this!

susie said...

What a great idea! Looks like a fun time was had by all.
P.S. Thanks for typing out the quote from the bracelet. Have a good one.

liz r. said...

That looks like fun! My kids would love that place.

elliott said...

hey em,
love 'ladies day' ..anything that can be that consistently observed is awesome!..love the photos!!
(looks like a cool place!)...i get the sense from these pic's and past entries that you and your siblings know how to make fun in any environment--!!
have a great one! ..(of course, the colour grouping with the lego pieces confirms our need for a support group!! i think i need to send you a bottle of rainbow coloured seed beads so you can cathartically sort them by colour range..!!

The Noisy Plume: said...

You ALWAYS make the most ridiculous gangsta face...I think the thing I like most about you is your street cred actually.

S
M
O
O
C
H

Vita said...

ahah Love the pics!! Cute!!! and LOVE the ladies day out concept! Brilliant! ;)

the_storie_goes_on said...

awe thats such an awesome tradition.. its great that you include the girls.. and your pictures are always extrordinary!! s/p?? and you have the coolest job.. though how in the world did you get into the art of jewelry making??