Monday, February 16, 2009

Up to my knees in domesticity...

So, it's official. I break washing machines. Apparently, I pack them too full, and over time, they get all thrown out of whack and die. While I was on my trip, my hubby went out and purchased what will be the 3rd washing machine we've had in this house since we moved in almost 6 years ago, and, in what I can only surmise was an act of kindness, he took it upon himself to break in the new machine and wash every single stitch of clothing to our names.(yes, that is an advent calendar hanging in the top right of the picture and yes, I finally did take down the tree and all the Christmas decorations tonight).

It was nice returning to clean laundry, except for the tiny fact that it ALL still needed to be sorted, folded, and put away. :)

Enter me and my aforementioned "domesticity".

I spent the day (and when I say "day" I mean from 10:00 this morning to almost 6:00 tonight, breaking only to fix lunch for the kiddos and change the occasional diaper) sorting clothes, folding clothes, reassigning clothes, and even repurposing a few items that had finally succumbed to their holes or stains. Here's a shot of a few of our newly created accessories after I took a pair of scissors to a few pieces that had seen better days...They are each wearing "headbands" made from waistbands cut from old pants, "arm warmers" made from sleeves cut from old shirts, and a few other doo-dads cut from here and there. Ya, we had some fancy ladies around here tonight. :)

Happily,
Emily

5 comments:

susie said...

Sounds like a fun day - well, except for the laundry part (she said sarcastically). Have a good one,
Susie

Vita said...

Aww man! Laundry sucks!!

The Noisy Plume: said...

You know those ladies are my favorites.
I'd still have my Christmas tree up except RW secretly took it down on me a few weeks ago so he could start painting the living room. Humbug.

crazymare said...

"bless your heart" as my sweet mama would say in her best southern twang!!! At least yours is clean--eek! I have oh about 6 loads!!

p.s. this is Carly--I am officially blogging now :)

Anonymous said...

You are so good.....you must know how to sew....will you please teach me if sew.hehe okay lame
okay I got the spinny thing from the food pantry I run I will see what I can do for you.
love ya
bye
cara