Sunday, February 22, 2009

Patrons of the arts...

This past Friday night, my mom, my brother and his little girl, and me-n-my little women went to a showing of "Mulan" put on by our local community theatre. A few young ladies from our church were in it so we wanted to support them and "The Cousins" are ALWAYS up for going to "The Theee-ah-tah" (as Isabel calls it in her fanciest, fancy-lady voice).

We only had one who had to go potty during the show, someone asked if we could "pause it", and Sophie asked no fewer than 22 times if someone was "gonna hit dat dwagon???" (there was a dragon-shaped gong at the side of the stage that no one ever did end up hitting).

Here are a few shots from where we sat...

Right before the show started: Please take note of how very thrilled my brother is in the top left portion of the picture (right by Sophie's finger). I'm not gonna lie, we were texting back and forth a bit. WE COULDN'T HELP IT! The kid playing Mulan's love interest reminded us of Ben Stiller in "Zoolander" and we were sitting too far apart to talk about it...

During intermission: Check out Isabel's hat - she made it HERSELF with a sleeve from a tie-dyed t-shirt, a pink headband, a doily, and a blue flower on a bobby pin. After I saw that concoction, I told her I was going to teach her how to use my sewing machine. She did a "silent scream face" and about flew out of her seat...

On a totally unrelated topic, I am planning on having some new pieces to "show and tell" over the next few days using some of my new stones and beads from my recent "stone and bead excursion"... I can't wait to see them myself!

Hope your week is off to a great start!!!

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

susie said...

What lovely little ladies - sounds like a wonderful night taking in the arts. Looking forward to your new jewelry and seeing the stones you brought home.

Vita said...

All what Susie said!! ;)

carriex3 said...

Too cute, such adorable "little women."
Me too..... Excited to see some new Emily designs w/ a new collection of stones:)
YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Carrie