Friday, February 13, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig...

Ok, so I actually returned home a few days ago, but my time since then has been filled with playing catch-up... on rest, on laundry, on hugging my babies, on kissing my honey, etc.

I cannot begin to express how much anticipated and AMAZING this trip was for me!!! Not only did I find myself a whole MESS of treasures, I got to spend 4 days with one of the most incredible people God ever plopped onto this vast planet of ours.

I am often blown away when I think about how people's paths cross on this earth and I can only come to the conclusion that God Himself is orchestrating it all.

We both typically go a little overboard when it comes to picture taking but for some reason, we ended up a few days into the trip and realizing that we hadn't taken ANY and only ended up snapping a few shots...

Leavin' on a jet plane...

This place made me laugh...

One of the largest Amethyst Druzies in the world on display outside one of the shows. It appeared to be 2 halves of an ENORMOUS geode and this photograph only shows about 1/4 of one of the halves. Don't think I didn't think about how I could get it on the airplane with me, but then I immediately realized how much I'd have to pay in "overweight baggage fees" and I was suddenly content with just looking...

A little vegetation I don't typically see here in the midwest (and yes, it is strung with Christmas lights)...

Having a thoughtful moment by the fire (though I'm positive we busted up laughing immediately after this shot was taken)...

Happily,
Emily

4 comments:

Khaled KEM said...

Very nice post about your mini-vacation. I liked the previous post as well.

susie said...

Happy to see you home safe and sound. Did you manage to buy any cool stones? - inquiring minds want to know! Also, love the bottom pick with the contemplative gazes into the fire. Have a good one, I'm off to little people Valentine's Day parties at school.
susie

Vita said...

Welcome back Em!!
Glad you had a nice, relaxing break.
That is one BIG druzy!!
And love the last pic of you ladies :)

The Noisy Plume: said...

Ok.
Were we really in the same place at the same time once?????? Or was it all a dream.

I miss you.
And our fluffy white beds.