Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snackin' it up...

I don't care for celery. Never have. Not cooked, not raw, not accompanying hot wings, not no way, not no how. Not in a box or even with a fox. But, for some reason, I had the urge to buy some for the express purpose of holding some peanut butter. It is now my favorite snack. And no Mom, I am NOT pregnant.It just kind of hit me the other day as I was looking at myself in the mirror, a *few* pounds heavier than I was before the holiday season began, and SEVERAL pounds heavier than I was on my wedding day, that if I don't buy crap at the grocery store, there won't be any crap in my house to eat. So, I headed off to the store (WITHOUT children no less) and filled my cart to the brim with all the ammo I'd need to get "ME" back. I'm on my way folks and it feels divine.

In other news I FINALLY found my camera battery charger and was able to photograph a few new pretties... what think you of these???



Happily,
Emily

9 comments:

Thankful Paul said...

Hello

Vita said...

aahhaha about the celery! I can SOO relate! Your expression says it all! But, yes, peanut butter always makes the pain go away, heheh!

And the jewellery.
What can I say?!
DIVINE would be a fitting word!
You put your heart and soul into it all.
And THAT is a fact!
Thanks again Em! ♥

EmeliaRo said...

Oh Vita, how I love you! :)

carriex3 said...

AMAZING...... The only thing to say:)
You are very/ special and creative.......
Anything going in the shop, not custom orders???
LOL,
Carrie

susie said...

I discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago, and I have been catching up with you and the Noisy Plume. I'm a mom and sometimes metalsmith, so its been fun to sneak a peak into your home. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your creations - love your work! You've got me thinking I might need to make myself a BIG ring when I find the time. Thanks again, Susie

EmeliaRo said...

Susie - Thank you so much for writing! It's always so interesting to me how people's paths cross in this crazy life and I'm thrilled to know ours have! As for the Noisy Plume, as a metal smith, a writer, maker of venison lasagna, and all around amazing lady,in my opinion, there is none finer. :)
Now I'm off to check out your blog! :)

The Noisy Plume: said...

Me LIKEY me LIKEY sister!
Way to keep the faith!
Love you to smithers.
XO

Desiree Fawn said...

Beautiful new work!

Also, I hear you about the celery... it's those stringy parts that really get to me... but it's so yummy with some peanut butter (or cheese whiz, I'll admit).

The Noisy Plume: said...

About the celery.....I think celery is one of the few foods that happens to burn MORE calories (via chewing and digestion) than it puts into your system...

I just like it because it makes a nice canvas for peanut butter...yet one more reason why you and I are really, just the exact same person living in two different states that begin with the letter "I" oooooooooh man.