Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tis the season...

It is just shy of 2 weeks before Christmas and the weather seems to be just about par for the season. I can remember years when we didn't get any snow till after the first of the year, and one year where trick-or-treating was cancelled due to an ice storm leaving everything coated with what looked like half inch thick glass. That's the midwest for ya though I suppose.
I thought today was supposed to be decent but apparently, I was wrong. When we work up this morning the temp was right around 15 degrees, but this is a shot of the temperature gauge in my car on our way home from church this afternoon...

Here's a shot I took (QUICKLY) out my front door just a bit ago...
It doesn't look too terrible but what the camera didn't pick up is all the snow blowing and swirling through the air.

Current temp: -2 degrees
Overnight predicted low: -19 degrees

Brr.

Going to bed and hoping my torch tips will have arrived by tomorrow... and if they have arrived, hopefully I'll be able to get out to go pick them up...

Going to grab an extra blanket,
Em

1 comment:

Desiree Fawn said...

I feel like that about the weather here... some years there isn't snow til after xmas and I know that when I was little there were Hallowe'ens where I was climbing snowbanks.