Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Peek at my Pad" Thursday #11"... LATE...

Ok, so in my defense, last Thursday was Thanksgiving and I was kind of busy for most of the day, you know, with the pondering of the things one is thankful for and the coinciding stuffing of one's face with pie... so I neglected my "peek at my pad" post. I don't want to fall behind though, so, it looks like this week will include 2 "peeks"...In the spirit of thankfulness, this is a picture of a cluster of photographs on the wall in my entry-way. I LOVE framing photographs and seeing the smiling (or crying or just plain goofy, depending on the shot) faces of my family and friends. Surrounding myself with the images of the people I love most in the entire world is a very important thing to me. These particular images are as follows...

Black frame: A picture of my little women taken when Sophie was about 6 months old. I remember thinking She (Sophie) looked so big in that picture... now remembering her that way is just a memory...

The Red frame on the right: My father in law's High School senior picture. His glasses and the way his hair is fixed reminds me so much of a movie star from back in the day. Quite the handsome fellow, or maybe "dapper" is more the word?

The Red frame on the bottom: Our First Christmas photo taken after Sophie was born (she would have been only about a month old). I have several other "versions" of this photo up around the house (past Christmas family photos) and writing about this is making me curious to see them all together in one place.. hmmm... perhaps a future blog post???...

I love my family and I love all of you. :)

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

carriex3 said...

love the old w/ the new......
I am "all about" the annual christmas photo:)
Carrie

Annie K said...

I am trying to be your "Blog follower" but I can't find the link on your page...do you have one? PS thanks for the advice, sad you had to be induced. =(

Vita said...

Aww, love the family pics!! :)
Your house looks SOOO cozy!!!
I love all the colourful things!! =D