Monday, December 15, 2008

My Hubby, my HERO...

Someday I'll tell you the whole story of how my sweetie and I met, but for now, I'll skip most of that and get right to the part where he EVER so quickly (and heroically), swooped in and fixed one of my previously unsalvageable torch tips, and extended it's life at LEAST long enough for me to get some pieces finished before the new tips arrive. It is really kind of neat because though we've each done different things at different points, as far as work is concerned, ultimately we do the very same thing - just on large and small scales. I am a silversmith, working on a small scale (well, large for jewelry, small compared to what Gabe does), and he is a welder extraordinaire. MIG, TIG, Stick, pipe welding, pressure vessels, food grade, you name it - he can do it. Needless to say, this came in VERY handy when I started in with metalwork. My torch set up arrived and I really didn't have much of a clue about the ins and outs of my particular "rig" but he took one look at it and instantly knew EVERYTHING about it, even though it's about 1/10th the size of the setup he's used to. :)

Pics of us using our respectives torches...
OK - I'm gonna go - I've hired a sitter and I fully intend on squeezing every last drop of productivity I can out of the time she'll be here to entertain my little women.

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

carriex3 said...

cool beans................
your hubby is very handy:)

Vita said...

That's really cool you two have such similar jobs!!! How handy is that?! :)

The Noisy Plume: said...

holy cow.
life's a freight train right now.
blowin' through town.

EEK.