Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Jewelry aboundeth...

Well, maybe not "ABOUNDETH" but I sure did get get a few things done yesterday (Tuesday = shut myself in my workshop and work all day, uninterrupted - for the most part - thanks to the graciousness of my inlaws who come and take care of my kids for the day)... and now, for a little show-and-tell...

This is a ring I made with some sort of deep purple "rough polished" stone that I then added a thin coat of wax to in order to let the deep purple shine though. This was also a unique piece as it is the first for which I used 2 different types of bezel on one stone...

A bracelet made with large red jasper and tiny turquoise...

This piece will not be available for sale as it is a gift for my husband's grandmother for Christmas (shhh... nobody tell!) I think I had mentioned this in an older post at one point but she and her hubby were rock hounds back in the day and poppy jasper is one of her favorites. My very good friend and lapidary gave me this stone, insisting I use it to make her something nice, so I made her this (I could NEVER turn down a gorgeous stone - even if I'm not allowed to keep it for myself) :) I hope she likes it!

I think this could quite possibly be one of my very most favorite pieces I've made to date. It is a Texas Agate and really doesn't need much in the way of embellishment. It is translucent with such lovely inclusions that I knew a window at the back would be necessary. You can see a bit of light peeking through in this shot...

I made a few other things but some are awaiting chains and others, awaiting their photo session. Also, I've go a few new stones headed my way that I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about, you have no idea... well, some of you may know... :)

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

carriex3 said...

OMGOOOOOOOOOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!
YOU are AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!
xo,
C

Vita said...

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I didn't see this post until after I convo'd you!!! You've been a BUSY MOMMY BEE!!! =D

GORGEOUS pieces, lovely lady!!!!

The Noisy Plume: said...

My favorite thing about loving you is that I get to sneak peak the sneak peaks:)