Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aftermath of a muffin...

Somehow the picture just didn't capture the full effect of the mess that was left in the littlest woman's chair after I had given her a banana-nut muffin for breakfast. The little pile you see on the corner of the table is composed of the 3 larger walnuts she found inside the muffin that she apparently found unsatisfactory. Who would have guessed that ONE 2 year old with ONE muffin could cause such a mess?!!??? ("Oh! Oh! ME! I WOULD!!!" *she says as she flails her right arm around in the air, supporting it with her left hand as if she's waiting for someone to call on her*) It really is true. The other day I had just cleaned up the basement while Isabel and Sophie were content watching a bit of "Elmo's World". I went upstairs to put some laundry away and by the time I returned (it couldn't have even been a full 5 minutes) the basement was back to the way it looked before I had straightened up. I stopped in my tracks and asked "WHAT HAPPENED???" and Isabel (who hadn't moved from her original spot) just pointed at Sophie without saying a word. I looked over at Sophie who was squatting down next to the toy basket, who, upon seeing me there, stood up and came over to me saying "hi mommy! hi mommy!" over and over again. Such is life with small children.

This photo, though perhaps a little gross, was taken out of my own curiosity to see, once all the crumbs were swept up in one place, just how much of that muffin had been consumed, and how much ended up all over the kitchen... I'd say she ate a good 2/3 of it. :)
Also, I wanted so share a new piece of jewelry with you that I feel somehow ties in with this post. I'm toying with the idea of starting sort of a "quote of the week" series (or as often as I'm able to get to it) and this is the first "installment". There's just something special about having a wearable piece of inspiration, something tangible to look at that will remind you of a thought or idea that you resonate with. This particular piece belongs to the lovely Miss Vita but rest assured there will be more to come...Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

Vita said...

Oh, HOW familiar that whole scene looks!! lol! I often (when I'm not being too obsessive compulsive) let the dogs "clean up" the tangible mess of crumbs for me!! hahah!

LOVE the necklace and the whole idea of wearing jewellery with inspirational & thoughtful quotes on it! Can't wait to wear it!!! ;) Especially while I am away from my baby for 4 months =( I think I will be wearing it ALOT! =)

son said...

Are you backgrounds paper because I love them!!! Your jewelry is awesome as always......Oh and I cracked up when I read your post because I get so sososo sick of picking stuff up right after I just got done doing it.

son said...

I Cara am son...
goodbye