Friday, November 21, 2008

Sick day...

Last Saturday night I was awakened by the sound of Sophie crying and crying. I went downstairs to investigate only to find that she had gotten sick and was quite covered in, well, you know. My husband and I made an agreement early on in our adventure of parenthood: He deals with blood, I deal with vomit. But of course, it's nights like last Saturday night that make me re-think my position. Regardless, it needed to be dealt with so I was up, giving a crying, shivering 2 year old a bath at 1:30 in the morning, and then up 5 more times, 2 of which resulted in the changing of sheets and jammies AGAIN.
After that night, she really seemed to be on the mend and with the passing of a few days, I was positive the rest of us were in the clear, save for a few runny noses. Well, apparently I was mistaken as this morning as Lillie and Isabel were getting ready for school, I hear Lillie shouting up to me "MOOOOM! ISABEL'S PUKING!!!!". I stayed home today with the 2 younger girls (normally I teach art at my kids' school on Fridays so Isabel and Sophie stay at my parent's house) and it turns out it was good that I was able to stay home as it seems I'm not feelin the greatest now :(To top it all off, my mom brought Lillie home and informed me that they had tried to go to a movie but had to leave early when Lillie threw up in the theatre bathroom.UGH. I HATE BEING SICK. I never thought I'd say this but it's probably a good thing Gabe's been out of town this week. Hopefully he'll side-step the bug.

Goin' on 4.5 hours since anyone has puked...
Emily

UPDATE: As of about 10 minutes after I posted this, the "puke-free" count had to start over...

4 comments:

Desiree Fawn said...

Awe, I hope the little ones are feeling better soon -- best wishes!
<3

The Noisy Plume: said...

Oh you poor thing. I wish I were with you (in a hazmat suit) to tend to you all AND to hold your hair while you worship the porcelain god:)

Love you girl.
GET WELL.
SHOW ME THE MANICURE!
XOXOXXXXXOXOXOXOXOOXOX

carriex3 said...

sooooooooooooooooooo sorry, yuck!!
It is a HUGE BUMMER............ maybe gabe should come home w/ full bio gear:)
prayers,
carrie

Vita said...

Oh no! So sorry you and your lil' girls are sick like that! Not nice at all!! Hope you're all feeling better soon :)