Monday, November 10, 2008

Ladybug picnic...

...right here on my porch apparently! These pics were taken the other day before we had snow and temps dropped down into the teens overnight (which apparently caused these tiny dotted buggies to migrate INTO our house). These little guys masquarade around as cute little ladybugs but in actuality, they are Japanese beetles, and they bite. They are ALL OVER the place around here as they were brought in to eat the bugs that go after the soybean crops. Funny though as there are no soybeans at my house...


I noticed this little guy just as I was getting the last of the birthday cookies packed up into zip-loc bags. I told you they are everywhere. Don't worry, Rex (our German Shepherd) got this one. Apparently his begging was not in vain.Happily,
Emily

1 comment:

The Noisy Plume: said...

Oh gosh.

We had a "ladybug" invasion here last week as well.
Uncanny.
I accidently fried a couple with my torch in the studio while working...