Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gimme a "V"...

For some reason my precinct doesn't feel it necessary to provide it's constituents with "I Voted Today!" stickers but you know, whatev. I don't need a sticker to validate what privilege it is for me to exercise my precious right to vote as an American citizen. As I walked out of my polling place, I must admit that for a moment, I felt as if I could cry - not out of sadness or fear, but out of thankfulness and pride. I am an American and I cannot begin to explain to you how proud it makes me to be a member of this great Nation. Voting is the least I can do.

So proud,
Emily

UPDATE: Look what my honey brought home for me after he voted this evening... :) He loves me.

4 comments:

The Noisy Plume: said...

Well gosh.
I wish I could vote!
Not allowed since I'm Canadian...BUT...you know that you and RW cast your ballots for me today:)
Thanks for that sister.
XO

EmeliaRo said...

Oh that's right! I totally forgot!... thought I'm sure there were some polling places that would have let you vote anyway :) YIKES! We did indeed cast our ballots for you today and Gabe is casting as we speak. Fingers are crossed and prayer has commenced...

carriex3 said...

God Bless America (and Canada:)
We are a great nation with God's help!!
Be American, and VOTE!!!
Carrie

Desiree Fawn said...

I hope all ends well this evening -- I'm Canadian, but I still care ^_^