Monday, November 17, 2008

BREATHE...

I don't really want to get too much into the details of the Holiday Boutique I took part in this past Friday other than to say that it didn't quite go as well as I had hoped (compared to the amount of preparation involved prior to attending). It's hard to put your stuff (which may as well be yourSELF) out there, only to see people flock to the "direct sales jewelry girl's" table. I'm sorry if my pieces are a bit more expensive than that stuff but... no... I'm not sorry. Each and every piece I create is made from start to finish by my very own hands, from the initial saw cuts to the final polish, and if I don't value what I do, no one else will either. I may not have had a particularly "fruitful" day on Friday but I got to get out of the house, I got to spend the day with my mom (ALWAYS a good thing) and hopefully, some of the business cards I gave out will turn into future orders (though I'm not expecting to hear back from the 3 year old who I gave a card to in order to distract her from grabbing anything and everything she could get her hands on) :)

I did end up selling a few pieces and if any of those lovely ladies happen to be reading this post, THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how much you have warmed my heart!!! It's one thing to love what I do but when I see someone else loves it too, there's just no describing how that makes me feel!

Here are some pics from the show... rockin it like we do...

A common pose believe it or not...

Left side of the table...

Right side...

Me and my mama (you'd never guess she's a Grandma would ya!?)... she wore the pieces my dad had me make for her for Valentines Day (necklace, ring and a bracelet hiding under her hand). She was a SPECTACULAR model...

Happily,
Emily

7 comments:

carriex3 said...

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you know I would have walked right past that other table, and bought from you:)
xo,
Carrie
EVERYTHING looks AMAZING!!!

EmeliaRo said...

Oh, I KNOW you would! I would love for you to have come and been another model for me!!! We would have had a BLAST!!!

Vita said...

Oooooohhh I wish I was there Emily!! I woulda snagged up a whole boat-load of your goodies!! hehe! ;) Glad you had such a nice time with your mom!!

Chris Parry said...

Tag. You're it....

you'll have to read my blog to see what it is all about.

have fun.

http://chris-parry.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

I'm sorry Emily! I had a VERY similar experience last weekend so I can very much relate to all of those feelings. Thank you for making me feel less alone :)

Meredith said...

All I can say is that you get what you pay for, and your stuff is the best!!!! Those people obviously have bad taste! he he.

The Noisy Plume: said...

Em: I had the exact same experience once upon a time:) Wish I could have been there to entertain you and be entertained by YOU!
XO

By the way, this phone tag is tiring me out!!!