Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Peek at my Pad" Thursday #7...


This is a shot of a little table we have down in our "blood-red" basement (lets just say, I'm no longer allowed to pick out paint on my own, without supervision of some kind).
I'm not 100% positive, but I think I remember Gabe saying that his dad made this table back in the day and it ended up traveling with him when he moved out of his parent's house and into his first apartment, then of course, surviving several moves since. It's where we stack some of the girls books and very rarely looks as organized and clutter-free as it does here (I caught it on a good day, but what you don't see is how close the table is in proximity to the basement door that goes out to the garage, and it ends up being a "catch-all" spot for whatever we may have when we come home through that door).
The pot on the table is one my sister made back when she was in high school and gave it to me as a gift, and a few of our favorite books are visible (some on the table, others under) like "The Grouchy Ladybug" and "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". Ah, the reading material available in our home :)

I should probably get going as tomorrow (or probably "today" by the time anyone gets a chance to read this) is picture day at school and look at how I'm sittin here bloggin, not yet having figured out what the little women are gonna wear tomorrow! Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure something out... hopefully it'll all be clean though... oh man.

Happily,
Emily

UPDATE: I started this post last night but I wasn't able to upload the picture till now so,I just wanted to let you know that picture day at school is officially behind us. I've got my fingers crossed that they'll all turn out ok, but, I'd say we're already ahead of the game compared to last year when all three of the little women were sobbing, and not wanting to get their pictures taken at all. Nobody cried, and everyone's hair was fairly static-free. :)

3 comments:

The Noisy Plume: said...

Lady friend, this living room of yours is the exact shade of MY living room (except I've got an orange ceiling with gold paint splattered over top of the orange). I've ben referring to the living room as the murder sanctuary for the past few months. It's even worse at night when I turn on all the lights.

RETINAL DETACHMENT!

The Noisy Plume: said...

AND
forgot to mention that the jewels from the previous post are loverly.
THRILLED FOR YOUR NEW FREEDOM ON TUESDAYS!!!
XO

Becky said...

What a great colour!!! I wish I could rock a colour like that.